Daily Anarchist Forum
November 28, 2021, 12:05:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Stefan Molyneux has cancer  (Read 64246 times)
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2013, 10:16:04 PM »

Me: I want evidence that this shit actually works.

You: You're just a shill for the State!!!!!

Me: Really what happened to rational discourse?

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2013, 10:30:10 PM »

I never said that just because the state dislikes it means it must be good. I merely said that just because it's alternative to state medicine doesn't mean it's anti-science or anti-reason.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2013, 10:55:38 PM »

I never said that just because the state dislikes it means it must be good. I merely said that just because it's alternative to state medicine doesn't mean it's anti-science or anti-reason.

I never said that either. I did however say that stuff lacking scientific evidence was not scientific.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
janos

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2013, 07:47:06 AM »

When people say "alternative medicine" they aren't talking about "medicine not based on science" or "medicine not based on reason."

To jump to that conclusion is like saying I want alternative law and you immediately jumping to the conclusion that I want "law of the jungle" or "Sharia law."

That's your hangup, not mine. It's not my fault you don't have any imagination other than state propaganda.

Nonsense. In this thread you and somebody else talked about these things: Burzynski, Vitamin D, hemp, dietary changes; none of them are scientifically proven to cure cancer and that has nothing to do with what the state approves.

And if I look at the facebook comments, it's just more of the same.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 08:17:05 AM by janos » Logged
AuNero

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2013, 08:53:38 AM »

I worked at one of the largest law firms in the country as a legal assistant.  One of our clients was Bristol-Myers Squibb.  I attended a meeting once where one of the partners was explaining to the associates how to negotiate clinical trial agreements between BMS and doctors who performed the drug trials. 

He told them "never negotiate on who owns the data.  BMS always owns the data or the deal is off."  One attorney ask why.  The partner replied, "because if the results show that the drug doesn't work, BMS withholds those results from the FDA."

Medical science is quackery. 

I've been studying alternative medicine for 20 years.  In my opinion the most effective anti-cancer treatment is ozone therapy.  Google it.
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2013, 01:25:44 PM »

MAM, Seth, janos, I think three three of you need to chill the FUCK OUT!!! Yes Cancer is an emotionally charged issue. I know that from experience with having had several family members of varying emotional closeness die of cancer and several others have cancer and make it through if only by the skin of their teeth. However the three of you, need to stop misunderstanding each other. MAM, janos, just because Seth is interested in alternatives to the FDA approved treatments, does not mean he is a dumb ass who automatically and enthusiastically accepts anything that isn't State-sanctioned and "alternative".

Seth, just because MAM, janos, and myself (I'm including myself with them) want actual hard-evidence this works, does not mean we are shills for Big Pharma who despise anything that ISN'T State-sanctioned when it comes to medicine, and vociferously deny any corruption, or even potential for corruption of corporate medicine. We just want hard evidence that this works because otherwise that means the guy marketing it is either a dumb ass or a scam artist who is for all intents and purposes convincing someone stranded in the Mojave Desert that they don't need water, and water is actually bad for them...in which case he is a complete and utter asshole. And yes that applies to both the "alternative medicine" advocates and the "corporate medicine" advocates, and their distibutors/producers, etc.

I could be wrong, but it seems to be the three of you are becoming too emotionally invested in this which is compromising the cold, detached, logic of a debate which is NOT what we need with the gov't breathing on our backs. I suggest you take a break of a few days from this....discussion and then if you want, come back to it when cooler heads prevail.

P.S. Sorry if I offend any of you three for seeming to butt into a discussion I wasn't in, but I had originally planned on commenting when I read the beginning of the debate but, when I saw the "deterioration" of that debate, I thought I'd at least offer a suggestion.

MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2013, 02:55:15 PM »

AgoristTeen I appreciate the butt end, and the suggestion. However I am not angry. But like you said I want evidence. This individual Burzynski has submitted alot of trails:
He told them "never negotiate on who owns the data.  BMS always owns the data or the deal is off."  One attorney ask why.  The partner replied, "because if the results show that the drug doesn't work, BMS withholds those results from the FDA."

And this is exactly what I think he's doing.

NO I think there is corruption at every level of this society. I want substantiated reviewed results, I want people to be able to replicate the results. I want evidence from more than one source that this actually works.

Am I offended that this guys treatment is derived from urine, like some people are? NOPE I don't care where it comes from. If this shit is real then this guy has single handedly discovered a panacea for cancer. Which makes him a baddass. However I don't think he's a lone genius that has found the "cure" for cancer. I think he's scamming people, and if I'm right THAT pissees me off, however I look forward to the day that I am proven wrong and this guy is shone  as the genius that ended cancer; that people seem to think he is.

He's had 40 years, 40 years to publish and have reviewed his studies....

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
dpalme
Solder Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2013, 05:23:44 PM »

Pretty sucky. I'm not the biggest fan of Steph, but it still sucks to have something like that happen. To ANYONE. Especially one in the movement.

http://cur.lv/fgf0 <--- Accepting bitcoins!
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2013, 05:40:58 PM »

AgoristTeen I appreciate the butt end, and the suggestion. However I am not angry. But like you said I want evidence. This individual Burzynski has submitted alot of trails:

NO I think there is corruption at every level of this society. I want substantiated reviewed results, I want people to be able to replicate the results. I want evidence from more than one source that this actually works.

Am I offended that this guys treatment is derived from urine, like some people are? NOPE I don't care where it comes from. If this shit is real then this guy has single handedly discovered a panacea for cancer. Which makes him a baddass. However I don't think he's a lone genius that has found the "cure" for cancer. I think he's scamming people, and if I'm right THAT pissees me off, however I look forward to the day that I am proven wrong and this guy is shone  as the genius that ended cancer; that people seem to think he is.

This is a totally different debate from the one we were having earlier, which was about alternatives medicines in general, but you keep saying Dr. Burzynski has refused to publish his work. Were are you getting that from?

MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2013, 07:52:53 PM »

He told them "never negotiate on who owns the data.  BMS always owns the data or the deal is off."  One attorney ask why.  The partner replied, "because if the results show that the drug doesn't work, BMS withholds those results from the FDA."

Am I offended that this guys treatment is derived from urine, like some people are? NOPE I don't care where it comes from. If this shit is real then this guy has single handedly discovered a panacea for cancer. Which makes him a baddass. However I don't think he's a lone genius that has found the "cure" for cancer. I think he's scamming people, and if I'm right THAT pissees me off, however I look forward to the day that I am proven wrong and this guy is shone  as the genius that ended cancer; that people seem to think he is.

This is a totally different debate from the one we were having earlier, which was about alternatives medicines in general, but you keep saying Dr. Burzynski has refused to publish his work. Were are you getting that from?

I searched the internet.

There's alot of stuff out there. What bugs me the most however is the fact that no one has been able to replicate the claims that this guy is making!

Don't get me wrong I would fucking love it if this guy were legit. But I question that.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 08:01:36 PM by MAM » Logged

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Tear-Down-the-Wall
Mr. Edgar Friendly

Mother should I trust the government?

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2013, 08:00:48 PM »

Add some carrots and cabbage and you got a nice stew goin'.

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back.

You take the blue pill- the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill- you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2013, 09:01:23 PM »

Seth, when I hear "alternative medicine" it has always been an alternative to scientific medicine that people are talking about.

I don't care who or what comes up with something, they don't have to be backed by the State and it doesn't have to be backed by a corporation. It does however have to be supported by science.

No science equals no go in my book.

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2013, 10:20:12 PM »

Seth, when I hear "alternative medicine" it has always been an alternative to scientific medicine that people are talking about.

I don't care who or what comes up with something, they don't have to be backed by the State and it doesn't have to be backed by a corporation. It does however have to be supported by science.

No science equals no go in my book.

I couldn't agree more. What I disagree with is typecasting all alternative medicine into the voodoo camp.

SinCityVoluntaryist
Left Rothbardian against the corporate state; Ron Paulian against the empire

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2013, 10:40:59 PM »

"He's had 40 years, 40 years to publish and have reviewed his studies...."

When you begin to understand the interests that influence government, you'll start to answer that question, MAM.

When the FDA says that something is good for you, that generally means it can harm you.

<iframe src="http://c4ss.org/c4ssnews/js1.0/c4ssnewsobject.html?ctc=eef467&clc=f4f367" id="c4niframe" width="160" height="360" style="margin: 0px;" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Support the Molinari Institute:
http://praxeology.net/molinari.htm
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2013, 12:37:55 AM »

"He's had 40 years, 40 years to publish and have reviewed his studies...."

When you begin to understand the interests that influence government, you'll start to answer that question, MAM.

When the FDA says that something is good for you, that generally means it can harm you.

Are you saying that the government is censoring all data that can be published? Are you saying that the guy can't get his shit published in journals because of some conspiracy?

No offence but this kinda reeks of Alex Jones....

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: