Daily Anarchist Forum
September 28, 2021, 08:43:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stefan Molyneux has cancer  (Read 62943 times)
assymcgee

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2013, 07:18:49 AM »

The condition you call awake is a state of being brainwashed.
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: October 14, 2013, 01:54:40 PM »

The guy lies about history too anarcho-capitalism was tried multiple times and ended with inter-generational poverty, slavery, the rise of Nazism, the rise of Napoleon.

I think you either are sadly misinformed on what anarcho-capitalism is, or you lie as well.  

The book was actually for sale on Ron Paul's "Campaign for Liberty" site from 2008 to 2012 ...

This is misinformed as well, taken quite out of context.  

Anyone copying the type of anarchy that people who read this book recommend are simply setting up despotism not real anarchy.  Seriously fuck Stef.

Do you even know where you are right now?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 02:02:18 PM by Syock » Logged

MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 14, 2013, 03:45:02 PM »

I think you either are sadly misinformed on what anarcho-capitalism is, or you lie as well. 

I can't believe you didn't know that the Weimar Republic was an example of AnCapistan...

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2013, 05:05:25 PM »

I can't believe you didn't know that the Weimar Republic was an example of AnCapistan...

Of course, what was I thinking?

assymcgee

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2013, 02:02:05 PM »

you know though you just lost the godwin gambit.
assymcgee

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2013, 02:06:58 PM »

Yes I know where I'm posting.  I hope that neo-nazi con-man suffers a horrible death for working with David Duke.  I hope his wife is raped to death in front of him while he is on his death bed and that his child is forced to watch it all.  Then when that's done I hope his kid is sold into child prostitution in Afghanistan and gets AIDS from an abusive flacid whoremonger.

FUCK STEF.
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2013, 03:11:01 PM »

Yes I know where I'm posting.  I hope that neo-nazi con-man suffers a horrible death for working with David Duke.  I hope his wife is raped to death in front of him while he is on his death bed and that his child is forced to watch it all.  Then when that's done I hope his kid is sold into child prostitution in Afghanistan and gets AIDS from an abusive flacid whoremonger.

FUCK STEF.

I suspect there are people out there that wish the same for you.

you know though you just lost the godwin gambit.

Only if I actually give a crap about your contributes, or lack thereof, to this forum, which I don't.  There is no need to let a thread derail and die due to you.  Have a nice day.  

« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 03:28:22 PM by Syock » Logged

Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2013, 03:57:28 PM »

I haven't weighed in on the alternative meds part of this thread yet.  

From what I have seen, there are many types of alternative medicine.  Some just seem outright crazy to me.  Some are taking some scientific study to an absurd level and working from that.  

There is however quite a bit of big business medicine that is based on things that today are considered alternative.  Aspirin for example originally came from the bark of a tree.  This was mentioned earlier in the thread.  Someone isolated what in the bark was reliving the pain, and just started producing pills of that chemical.  The bark still works, of course both the bark and the drug have side effects as well.  The natural version usually has more, as it has more chemicals in it to cause them, and sometimes less, as it has chemicals that happen to moderate them.  

That is just one example, but it is a common method for the creation of modern medical drugs.

There certainly are alternatives that work, but which ones those are would be near impossible to pin down without being raised in the culture that uses it, before big pharma gets a hold of it and actually throws a ton of money at it.  No one cares to run trials on alternatives that they can't make money on.  

If the way to avoid cancer in the first place is a specific diet which happens to contain some natural medicine no one turned into a drug yet (best bet given cancer rates around the globe), there will likely never be any real proof of the alternative.  No one financially benefits from figuring it out.  They will however sell the drug once they isolate it.  The alternative will be forgotten.  No one uses Willow bark these days, not even big pharma making asprin.  Big pharma likely would deny where they copied nature if it could threaten their bottom line.  

It's all part of the same fallacy that companies have an incentive to produce crappy products, I swear it reminds me of the broken window fallacy.

I saw this and would like to address it.  Companies do have an incentive to hit a price point for certain products.  That may mean using thinner/weaker material, that while still does the job for at least some/most people, may not be as robust as the competitors more expensive product.  There is nothing wrong with that.  It meets market demand, but it can be a relatively 'crappy' product. 
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 04:15:08 PM by Syock » Logged

MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2013, 04:59:52 PM »

I saw this and would like to address it.  Companies do have an incentive to hit a price point for certain products.  That may mean using thinner/weaker material, that while still does the job for at least some/most people, may not be as robust as the competitors more expensive product.  There is nothing wrong with that.  It meets market demand, but it can be a relatively 'crappy' product.

Aye.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2013, 01:55:10 AM »

Maybe you should check out the Rick Ross institute and learn something real instead of Stef's lies about well everything.

I've heard of one Rick Ross. He's a fat black rapper. You aren't talking about the same guy are you?

I'm so glad someone wrote this.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  

Jump to: