Daily Anarchist Forum
September 28, 2021, 08:41:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cody Wilson now working on an easy-to-use Bitcoin wallet  (Read 10101 times)
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 07:58:57 AM »

I think you missed my point. They can control ordinary firearms to some degree, though not perfectly. And nowhere near as effectively as printed firearms.

There is limited control because there is a benefit to some people to allow limited control.  If they were not legal, they would all just move like drugs or alcohol during prohibition.  It is an illusion of control that only exists because it makes life easier for a lot of people than going the underground route.

I suppose it all boils down to whether you think expedient manufacture and distribution is of any importance whatsoever.

For some reason you believe it is harder to move a normal weapon than to move 3D printers and printed weapons.  There is no reason for that to be true.

Even if they were, they wouldn't be able to produce more en masse.

Why not?  There have been a variety of stamped metal designs in the past.  They are quite simple and quick to create.  
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 10:42:06 AM by Syock » Logged

magentawave

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 02:31:54 PM »

Sorry, but I'm not trying to be a douche. Its just something I want to understand. Thats all, I swear. I don't want to hijack this thread so if you want to delve into this further then please leave your thoughts at the thread I just started here which specifically asks if and why people use the terms "WE" and "OUR" when describing criminal acts a government conducts: https://dailyanarchist.com/forum/index.php/topic,2772.0.html

Syock and RJ Miller - Sorry if this seems like nitpicking but since this is an anarchist forum, I'm curious as to why both of you still use the collectivist and nationalist term "our government" when referring to the US empire? Is it because you both work for those bastards?

It's not nitpicking, it's being a douche over everyday language.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 02:33:51 PM by magentawave » Logged
RJ Miller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2013, 12:22:30 AM »

For some reason you believe it is harder to move a normal weapon than to move 3D printers and printed weapons.  There is no reason for that to be true.

For some reason you believe it is hard to send and receive a CAD file than to move an actual firearm around.

And yes, I think moving an actual 3D printer around is far less conspicuous.

Why not?  There have been a variety of stamped metal designs in the past.  They are quite simple and quick to create.  

Give me some examples and explain why they are simpler to pull off without anything that relies on 3D printing.

stateexempt.com - The book should be done by early 2015

Privatize + Legalize + Decentralize
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2013, 09:12:12 AM »

For some reason you believe it is hard to send and receive a CAD file than to move an actual firearm around.

For some reason you keep trying to compare apples to oranges.  If all you want are plans, they are out there.  When it comes to moving an actual firearm, plastic or not, it is the same.  

Give me some examples and explain why they are simpler to pull off without anything that relies on 3D printing.

Cheap, common tools, rather than a 3D printer.  People have been making guns for a very long time.  The tech is simple.  It isn't some miraculous accomplishment to make a weapon.  

I think you have lost sight of this discussion and my initial objection to your original claim.  

JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2013, 02:09:10 AM »

For some reason you keep trying to compare apples to oranges.  If all you want are plans, they are out there.  When it comes to moving an actual firearm, plastic or not, it is the same.  

Cheap, common tools, rather than a 3D printer.  People have been making guns for a very long time.  The tech is simple.  It isn't some miraculous accomplishment to make a weapon.  

I think you have lost sight of this discussion and my initial objection to your original claim.  
As much as I hate to reignite this thread, I need to comment. I think the difference of perspective here may come from difference in backgrounds. I believe the work of Defense Distributed has changed the world. Sure, people could make arms before this if they had the skill...but most people don't know this. It seems obvious, but if you didn't grow up around people who worked with metal or did crafty things with their hands, the idea of building your own firearm seems absolutely impossible. Go read the youtube comments for the new metal gun. People are blown away at the idea of a gun coming from some place other than a factory. This knowledge alone is enough to make a difference in my opinion. The state has been defeated on the issue of gun control (whether DefDist deserves credit for the victory itself doesn't matter), the point is that it's out in the open for many more people to see, and DefDist definitely helped there.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: