Daily Anarchist Forum
April 21, 2021, 05:47:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Military revolt against Syrian war begins on Facebook  (Read 6455 times)
SinCityVoluntaryist
Left Rothbardian against the corporate state; Ron Paulian against the empire

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2013, 02:39:19 PM »

http://www.infowars.com/military-revolt-against-obamas-attack-on-syria/

<iframe src="http://c4ss.org/c4ssnews/js1.0/c4ssnewsobject.html?ctc=eef467&clc=f4f367" id="c4niframe" width="160" height="360" style="margin: 0px;" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Support the Molinari Institute:
http://praxeology.net/molinari.htm
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 02:47:38 PM »

Yeah let's see them refuse their orders when they're told to go kill the assholes over in Syria. I'll be waiting, but I won't be holding my breath.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 02:54:14 PM »

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 03:04:15 PM »

That right there is damn sexy Seth. I'm a fan.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
eglove

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 04:57:04 PM »

Yeah let's see them refuse their orders when they're told to go kill the assholes over in Syria. I'll be waiting, but I won't be holding my breath.

You're right about that, once the chain of command starts putting on the pressure 99% will back down. 1% will kill themselves.

MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 05:22:21 PM »

You're right about that, once the chain of command starts putting on the pressure 99% will back down. 1% will kill themselves.

I was making a point today on the social plague known as FEDbook where I stated that I don't think killing each other is human nature and people don't believe me. I suppose when you live in a culture that glorifies violence that's bound to happen.

When you have one culture that turns to violence as its means of survival it spreads because to not turn violent in response is suicidal. Instead of glorifying violence we should be glorifying trade. Enemies aren't a thing when you're trading with people. When trade stops war follows.

Then again maybe the culture is perfectly rational and I'm the one who's insane to think peace possible...

Anyway Thorax try to make your post again in Zombie thread, I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

Thanks for your time.

Peace be with you!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 05:24:21 PM by MAM » Logged

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 05:55:55 PM »

I think everything humans do is human nature.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 06:00:09 PM »

This is a very good point.

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
SimonJester

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 11:36:25 PM »

Truth, I think.  What makes me feel ok is the idea that humans, and by extension, human nature, are still evolving.  Using violence as your go-to problem solver just has to be counter survival, IMO.  Unfortunately, (perhaps) I feel the same way about pacifism.  My hope is that humans evolve to a point where they, reluctantly, use violence when they must, but prefer to deal amicably with each other.

The big problem is that it takes two to trade.  Only takes one to start a fight.    Sad

When a man speaks of Honor, make him pay cash.  -R.A.Heinlein
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 01:40:34 AM »

Truth, I think.  What makes me feel ok is the idea that humans, and by extension, human nature, are still evolving.  Using violence as your go-to problem solver just has to be counter survival, IMO.  Unfortunately, (perhaps) I feel the same way about pacifism.  My hope is that humans evolve to a point where they, reluctantly, use violence when they must, but prefer to deal amicably with each other.

The big problem is that it takes two to trade.  Only takes one to start a fight.    Sad

You've just described my goal. I really hate fighting it hurts and it's dirty but I hate cages alot fucking more. You know what's funny to me is they throw people in cages and are shocked when they kill their captors I mean would you hesitate to kill some asshole standing between you and freedom?

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 06:43:05 AM »

What makes me feel ok is the idea that humans, and by extension, human nature, are still evolving. 

I am forced to question that. 

On a physical evolution level, human evolution should be stopping.  Survival of the fittest barely applies anymore. 

As for behavior, I don't believe humans are doing anything new since recorded history, and likely before that.

MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 02:03:04 PM »

What makes me feel ok is the idea that humans, and by extension, human nature, are still evolving. 

On a physical evolution level, human evolution should be stopping.  Survival of the fittest barely applies anymore. 

As for behavior, I don't believe humans are doing anything new since recorded history, and likely before that.

Natural Selection is always working we're just not selecting for things that are good. We're selecting for weakness and ability to play the system instead of autonomy.

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
SimonJester

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 02:07:51 PM »

You've just described my goal. I really hate fighting it hurts and it's dirty but I hate cages alot fucking more. You know what's funny to me is they throw people in cages and are shocked when they kill their captors I mean would you hesitate to kill some asshole standing between you and freedom?

No.

SimonJester

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2013, 02:14:35 PM »

Natural Selection is always working we're just not selecting for things that are good. We're selecting for weakness and ability to play the system instead of autonomy.

Natural selection moves fastest during massive die-offs.  We're in a phase of expanding population, but hard times for individuals are good for the species, and vice versa.  All of recorded human history is a very short period, evolutionarily speaking.  There is a small percentage of people of Northern European descent who are immune to HIV.  Couldn't catch it if you injected them full.  Why?  HIV spreads through the same mechanical manner as the Bubonic Plague, and when that disease wiped out half of Europe, twice, a small mutation on the "T" cells of some of the populace gave them the marked advantage of immunity.  This same advantage makes them more susceptible to the avian flu.  Natural selection selects for what it selects for.  Humans aren't going to select for a damned thing, long term.

JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2013, 06:25:49 PM »

Awesomeness

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: