Daily Anarchist Forum
July 21, 2019, 02:33:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestion about what will topple the state  (Read 4182 times)
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 11:54:23 PM »

Beyond that you're not going to do much better. I mean, the root of the statist tree is a monopoly on violence. If you tried to make your own, truly free company you'd have the state's hammer on you faster than you could believe.

If *I* personally tried to create a private company, sure, because I don't know shit about that. But somebody who knows what they're doing won't have the state come down on them.

All it takes is skills and balls. Look at Anonymous. Those guys are breaking laws that will get you put away for decades. But they have the skills and they have the balls. Eventually, somebody who knows how to professionally kill people is going to put their services up on the dark web. It's not a matter of if, but when.

Edit: Whether AnCaps like it or not.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2012, 12:49:20 AM »

Beyond that you're not going to do much better. I mean, the root of the statist tree is a monopoly on violence. If you tried to make your own, truly free company you'd have the state's hammer on you faster than you could believe.

If *I* personally tried to create a private company, sure, because I don't know shit about that. But somebody who knows what they're doing won't have the state come down on them.

All it takes is skills and balls. Look at Anonymous. Those guys are breaking laws that will get you put away for decades. But they have the skills and they have the balls. Eventually, somebody who knows how to professionally kill people is going to put their services up on the dark web. It's not a matter of if, but when.

Edit: Whether AnCaps like it or not.

Pretty sure these people already exist.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
jibinkor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2012, 09:58:11 AM »

Have you heard Hans-Hermann Hoppe's take on strategy for revolution? He suggests liberation by means of secession.

Listen to this presentation from 1:00:30 onward (a great talk! Listen to the whole thing if you have the time):

http://mises.org/media/2861/What-Must-Be-Done

Or read the transcript here, page 17 and to the end:

http://library.mises.org/books/Hans-Hermann%20Hoppe/What%20Must%20Be%20Done.pdf

In case of tl;dr, here's a short summary:

Using democratic means for non-democratic, libertarian, private property ends. A sufficiently small territory (small town or village) vote to limit the right to vote to net tax payers, thus excluding all tax-consumers (public employees, welfare recipients, etc.) from voting on local tax and regulation matters. The resulting funding crisis is solved by privatization of government services and distribution of all governmental property to tax payers, based on their total tax payments the last, say, 10 years. This effectively abolishes local government, but the problem of state and federal layers of government remains.

How to deal with this? To quote Hoppe: "It is practically impossible, manpower-wise, as well as from a public relations standpoint, to take over thousands of territorially widely dispersed localities and impose direct federal rule on them." This is assuming multiple small secessionist movements simultaneously.

The key here is to remember that the second American secession attempt in 1861 failed because 1) it was too big a territory, 2) it implied significant tax revenue loss for the federal gov't, 3) the whole slavery business complicated and obscured the situation, granting in the eyes of the public legitimacy to the aggressive North.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: