Daily Anarchist Forum
October 26, 2021, 04:47:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Preperations  (Read 8145 times)
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 09:41:15 PM »

I've purchased food and currency. Those are the most important items that you can have in your possession during an economic fallout.

Good on you, though I disagree that food and currency is the most important items to have in an economic fallout...there are still very important but not the most important. The two things that in my mind tie for most important to have on hand in that scenario are 1. A way to constantly provide food and water, without relying on storage which will always be finite, and 2. A way to DEFEND what you have ranging from passive booby traps, to "remote control" traps, to guns and ammo...and poisons, and all sorts of other goodies. "evil grin"

Dubhán

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 10:28:01 PM »

My prepping involves buying boolits. I have a water source and food for a few weeks. I'll do my best to lay low when things go south. What happens, happens.

As an aside, my mom survived the occupation of Holland by the Germans and my dad spent two years in a Japanese prison camp in the Dutch East Indies during WWII. Hope when it comes down to a worst case scenario I'll be able to do the same here in Oklahoma.
lordtlaloc

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 10:59:45 PM »

If shit goes down my plan can be summed up in one word. Dogs. Lots and lots of dogs. Find and feed and befriend all the stray dogs i can find. Guy comes to rob me road warrior style and i blow a noiseless whistle and a fucking Rhodesian Ridgeback rushes his face and 3 pits take the flanks. Oh yea. Yea, that guy has a gun, but id take my chances with him before the guy with the 50 or so killing machines. Oh and I guess ill Collect rainwater or something gay like that.
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 11:03:47 PM »

If shit goes down my plan can be summed up in one word. Dogs. Lots and lots of dogs. Find and feed and befriend all the stray dogs i can find. Guy comes to rob me road warrior style and i blow a noiseless whistle and a fucking Rhodesian Ridgeback rushes his face and 3 pits take the flanks. Oh yea. Yea, that guy has a gun, but id take my chances with him before the guy with the 50 or so killing machines. Oh and I guess ill Collect rainwater or something gay like that.

It's not gay if the tarps don't touch!  Shocked

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 01:54:06 AM »

Up the target to 4 weeks food and water and you're on your way. The most likely SHTF scenario is a deadly virus going global. You need to be able to shut yourself up in a room, by yourself, for a month, without leaving for ANYTHING. So in addition to food and water, you need a sanitary way to handle your waste inside of said room.

(Notice my idea of prepping is way less fun. But I think it's realistic)

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 02:56:20 AM »

Up the target to 4 weeks food and water and you're on your way. The most likely SHTF scenario is a deadly virus going global. You need to be able to shut yourself up in a room, by yourself, for a month, without leaving for ANYTHING. So in addition to food and water, you need a sanitary way to handle your waste inside of said room.

(Notice my idea of prepping is way less fun. But I think it's realistic)

Haha it would work...

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: