Daily Anarchist Forum
October 18, 2019, 04:48:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A little investment tip for all of you  (Read 3508 times)
SinCityVoluntaryist
Left Rothbardian against the corporate state; Ron Paulian against the empire

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2012, 06:00:34 PM »

Hey guys,

Just a quick investment tip that I've come across. If you're looking to invest in precious metals like I have, but don't feel like putting too many resources into gold and silver, go with copper. I just brought two Ron Paul copper rounds for $3/ea from a local coin dealer. That's really dirt cheap. Though that really doesn't seem like a lot right now, if you accumulate enough of it, it could really pay off in the end.

You can also buy bullion copper for about $30/ea.

Just a quick survivalist tip.  
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 06:02:14 PM by BlackandGr9y » Logged

<iframe src="http://c4ss.org/c4ssnews/js1.0/c4ssnewsobject.html?ctc=eef467&clc=f4f367" id="c4niframe" width="160" height="360" style="margin: 0px;" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Support the Molinari Institute:
http://praxeology.net/molinari.htm
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 10:59:18 PM »

Ummmmmmmm

Copper spot is a little over $3 per pound. Those Ron Paul copper rounds are $3 per ounce. That's all I'm sayin'.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Disengage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 11:15:05 PM »

I looked into copper a while back, and the bullion is vastly overpriced compared to the metal cost.    I know there's going to be some kind of premium to get nice coins, but an order of magnitude difference is unacceptable.   

Especially when you can start collecting pre-1982 pennies for a premium of zero.

But I don't doubt that copper is going to become more expensive.   It may not be the "poor man's gold,"   but you probably won't regret having some as long as you didn't pay a ridiculous price for it.   

nitish_trifid177

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 07:38:45 AM »

Commodity Tips Smiley
Market Weekly News:

Sensex jumps 337 points; CG, Realty, Metal lead.
    ECB unveils new bond-buying plan.
    India received USD 66.13 billion in remittances in 2011-12.
    Indian Oil Corp to raise $450 mn via overseas borrowing.
    India Infoline bond issue oversubscribed by 2.36 times.
    Aurobindo gets USFDA nod for hypertension drugs.
macsnafu

Situation Normal--all fouled up!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 01:04:55 PM »

I looked into copper a while back, and the bullion is vastly overpriced compared to the metal cost.    I know there's going to be some kind of premium to get nice coins, but an order of magnitude difference is unacceptable.   

Especially when you can start collecting pre-1982 pennies for a premium of zero.

But I don't doubt that copper is going to become more expensive.   It may not be the "poor man's gold,"   but you probably won't regret having some as long as you didn't pay a ridiculous price for it.   

Yep.  All the homeless in my area go around stripping copper from wherever they can to make money at the local metals recycling plants.  So if you get some copper, keep it in a safe place!   Tongue

"I love mankind.  It's people I can't stand!"
Disengage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 06:09:37 PM »

Around here they're vandalizing air condition units for the wiring and tubing, and stealing the copper electrical wires feeding old businesses.     Somehow managing to do so without being electrocuted.

Yup, copper is in demand!

Kelvin_Silva

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 08:47:58 PM »

Id like to note that buying metals is NOT an investment.
All it does is retain the value of your wealth (store of value).

Buying 1 oz of gold for 10 dollars lets say, and then a few years later it is 50 dollars, have you gained a return?
No. it is merely a result of inflation.

Investing something means that you buy it and sell it later in hopes to return a profit.
THere is no profit when you have 10 dollars and then a few years later you have 50 dollars which is worth the 10.

I guess im just playing with words here but i thought it should be noted.
macsnafu

Situation Normal--all fouled up!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 09:23:03 PM »

Id like to note that buying metals is NOT an investment.
All it does is retain the value of your wealth (store of value).

Buying 1 oz of gold for 10 dollars lets say, and then a few years later it is 50 dollars, have you gained a return?
No. it is merely a result of inflation.

Investing something means that you buy it and sell it later in hopes to return a profit.
THere is no profit when you have 10 dollars and then a few years later you have 50 dollars which is worth the 10.

I guess im just playing with words here but i thought it should be noted.
Sure, you're right.  But how many investments do better than inflation?

"I love mankind.  It's people I can't stand!"
Kelvin_Silva

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 09:29:09 PM »

Ones that outpace it.
Indeeed our inflation is rising, but very gradually.
Disengage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 09:51:13 PM »

Technically, buying bullion is either speculating or saving, depending on your expectations.

But then, by the same technicality, most people buying regular stocks are speculating and not investing.   If you're buying expecting the price to go up so you can sell for a profit later... that's speculation.   

Which means that MOST people use the word incorrectly.   Which also means that perhaps the definition is shifting, as definitions tend to do.   

JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 11:24:42 PM »

Ummmmmmmm

Copper spot is a little over $3 per pound. Those Ron Paul copper rounds are $3 per ounce. That's all I'm sayin'.
Yeah, but if you're poor and like holding shiny round things, then this is a couple orders of magnitude cheaper than gold. Therefore, good deal.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 11:44:54 PM »

If you're looking to invest, precious metals isn't where you go, your chances of making a profit are slim as a prospector. You buy metals so that when fiat turns to shit even more than it already has you have something that has value.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: