Daily Anarchist Forum
August 15, 2022, 07:46:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Things that anarchy has ruined for you  (Read 14767 times)
dpalme
Solder Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 07:44:19 AM »

Friends. All my friends are leftists (except a few neocons and one or two libertarians). Was walking down the road with a buddy yesterday and two Obama supporters walked down the road (going door to door), he saw their Obama '12 buttons and said "Obama, woohoo!" Made me cringe.

http://cur.lv/fgf0 <--- Accepting bitcoins!
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 08:06:04 AM »

Things that anarchy has ruined for you:

Nothing.  I didn't know a life before it. 

I've certainly noticed the things listed by others, but they were never available to me in the first place.  They were not ruined or lost. 

MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 12:24:25 PM »

Things that anarchy has ruined for you:

Nothing.  I didn't know a life before it. 

I've certainly noticed the things listed by others, but they were never available to me in the first place.  They were not ruined or lost. 

This is much more eloquently put than what I said and I agree 100% so +1!

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 07:47:16 PM »

Friends. All my friends are leftists (except a few neocons and one or two libertarians). Was walking down the road with a buddy yesterday and two Obama supporters walked down the road (going door to door), he saw their Obama '12 buttons and said "Obama, woohoo!" Made me cringe.

One day maybe we'll meet and become friends and then you'll have one who isn't a Statist!

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
helgibelgi

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 07:43:02 AM »

Ruined:

Definitely discussions about politics. It would seem from first glance that in this area we would see improvement, but after a better look it seems that I have actually isolated me from others, having opinions that are so radically different, and all around a different way of approaching any topic, that normally people don't even understand where I am coming from and what I am saying and quickly stop talking to me about politics at all.

I would really like to fix this problem. I realize that the problem is not entirely their fault for being brainwashed/sleeping, rather I tend to think of it as entirely my fault for not knowing how to approach people who are still inside the matrix.

For example today I was telling my floor-neighbor (on campus) that I was a little bit irritated about my new teacher speaking about countries as if they were human beings. You probably know what I'm talking about, something like: "Sweden decided to be neutral in WW1" "Sweden behaved untrustworthy in WW2"
and my neighbor did not understand why I had a problem with this. I explained that a country is not a person, it does not even exist except in our minds, and certainly it can not act and make decisions or behave in any way. She looked like I was speaking Chinese!  Huh

I also agree with the movies and TV, I actually stopped watching TV around 8 years ago and can recommend that to anyone. I used to love Star Trek. I still like it, but a lot less Sad
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 08:18:14 AM »

I also agree with the movies and TV, I actually stopped watching TV around 8 years ago and can recommend that to anyone. I used to love Star Trek. I still like it, but a lot less Sad

That might just be due to the pro-state nature of it.  I would recommend Firefly, and the movie that came after it, Serenity.  They are anti-state.  It is a lot more entertaining because of that in my opinion.   

helgibelgi

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 10:23:21 AM »

That might just be due to the pro-state nature of it.  I would recommend Firefly, and the movie that came after it, Serenity.  They are anti-state.  It is a lot more entertaining because of that in my opinion.   

Yes, I love Firefly! Does anyone know of any other good TV show/movie that is kind of anti-statist?
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 10:29:53 AM »

Yes, I love Firefly! Does anyone know of any other good TV show/movie that is kind of anti-statist?

Similar threads:

Favorite anti-state movies
SHTF TV/Movies

Tear-Down-the-Wall
Mr. Edgar Friendly

Mother should I trust the government?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 06:54:53 PM »

I used to love Star Trek. I still like it, but a lot less Sad

It was always rumored that Roddenberry was secretly a big time communist. Seeing the show, I can kind of see it.

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back.

You take the blue pill- the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill- you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
macsnafu

Situation Normal--all fouled up!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 06:57:13 PM »

I used to love Star Trek. I still like it, but a lot less Sad

It was always rumored that Roddenberry was secretly a big time communist. Seeing the show, I can kind of see it.

Star Trek was NOT one of the things anarchy ruined for me.  It wasn't its politics that made me like the show.

Same thing for the old Perry Mason show--it's still one of my favorites.

"I love mankind.  It's people I can't stand!"
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2012, 01:10:41 PM »

News on the TV
The Daily Show
Colbert Report
Many opportunities to make lots of money for no effort
Political discussions with friends and other acquaintances
Going to sporting events* (I have to go "piss" just before the national anthem)
Watching the NFL on TV* (having to sit through the pro-war propaganda during commercial breaks)

* = not quite ruined, but seriously tainted

I will add more as I think of them.

I'm curious to hear your stories behind these.

The Daily Show and Colbert Report have always leaned left with cheerleader for big "compassionate" government. They do sometimes make a good point but usually it's "greedy Republicans wanting to keep bleeding hearts from saving the world."

Also, how has it affected making lots of money?

And I'm really curious how it has affected political discussions. I figured you'd use it as an opportunity to show others the light.
News: I just get angry hearing the idiotic analysis of events.
Daily Show + Colbert: Left wing stuff is painful to hear, since I came from the left.
Making lots of money with no effort: working for the government.
Political discussions: They used to be more lively, and now most people don't want to talk to me about them anymore.
The rest are more obvious.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 01:12:35 PM by JustSayNoToStatism » Logged

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
victim77

Registered Anarchist

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 09:16:05 PM »

Almost all of my friends are either anarchist or anti-state, find some better friends.
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2012, 09:24:25 PM »

Almost all of my friends are either anarchist or anti-state, find some better friends.

How many friends you has mane?

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
SinCityVoluntaryist
Left Rothbardian against the corporate state; Ron Paulian against the empire

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2012, 12:15:03 PM »

It hasn't ruined much for me. Although, I've started to go through a massive shift in terms of the people that I hang out with. I've made a lot of friends over the past few months who are very libertarian. In fact, I'm actually getting a Students for Liberty chapter started with two of them at my local university.

<iframe src="http://c4ss.org/c4ssnews/js1.0/c4ssnewsobject.html?ctc=eef467&clc=f4f367" id="c4niframe" width="160" height="360" style="margin: 0px;" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Support the Molinari Institute:
http://praxeology.net/molinari.htm
victim77

Registered Anarchist

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2012, 12:18:01 AM »

How many friends you has mane?
About 7 or 8 depending on the weather
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: