Daily Anarchist Forum
February 01, 2023, 08:49:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting Arrested  (Read 4115 times)
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: July 11, 2010, 05:29:06 PM »

For too long, individuals that break laws where there are no victims, and then get arrested, have been made to feel shame. Shame for doing something the state deems as wrong, and shame for having been careless enough to get "caught." Well, the paradigm is changing. No longer are freedom activists willing to do guilt for some crime that the state commits. People are starting to wear getting arrested as a badge of honor, literally.

Now, getting arrested is never the goal of liberty activists, nor are all of those who do get arrested likely to wear their newly acquired badge at all hours, but this is symbolic of the paradigm shift that must happen if our movement is to gain steam. I believe it will.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNCKhMRk3RQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNCKhMRk3RQ</a>
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 02:49:21 PM by Seth King » Logged

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
randallstevens

FREEDOM!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 09:06:02 PM »

I loved the video.

I've spoken with my wife that if my daughter were to ever get arrested for shoplifting, vandalism, etc. that I would not bother to bail her out of jail. If she wants to do stupid garbage like steal or trespass against others then she can pay the price for her actions. I did mention that civil disobedience would be one of the exceptions to the rule. Crimes against the state are awesome.

He doesn't exist, except on paper.
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 09:12:59 PM »

I've never been arrested and have only recently come to the conclusion that the state must be ended, and therefore must be disobeyed. If I do get arrested, though, I don't think I would want to be bailed out. I know it's easy to say that now sitting in my cozy chair at home surrounded by loved ones. The idea of staying any longer in a jail cell than I "have to" doesn't sound appealing. But giving the state money sounds even less appealing. Besides, if I get bailed out only to later get convicted I am going to have to go right back in. Whereas if I never got bailed out to begin with, it will count towards time served.

I've instructed my family never to bail me out. If and/or when I get arrested and go through the whole process, I can re-evaluate the whole not getting bailed out thing.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: