Daily Anarchist Forum
August 25, 2019, 04:40:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: why capitalism is unsustainable  (Read 30429 times)
assasin7

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2012, 08:18:38 AM »

1. When goods are produced many of them are destroyed because they would drive down the price of goods. This means that companies run at a loss, so they have to constantly expand to new areas of production, or create artificial demand to justify increased supply (yes now its supply= demand)

2. Capitalism seeks infinite growth on a finite planet, imposible, someday t will have to die.

3. Increase mechanization to better exploit resources will destory the ability for products to be bought.

"owning a fire arm, that's a hanging offense"
"then go hang yourself"
AutodidacticJoe

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 09:42:15 AM »

free market environmentalism. walter block, terry anderson. we would live in a far more sustainable world if we actually had capitalism.. Government is whats holding back concepts like the venus project.
braindead0
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 09:45:42 AM »

AutodidacticJoe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 10:04:32 AM »

Ownership of property encourages conservation by giving people the incentive to preserve what they own. If all dumps were on private land they would NOT be filling up with non-recyclable/biodegradable waste and the costs of processing waste would be higher for them leading to more producer goods being made with sustainable economical materials.  Free-market= Free minds. So to say in a "Capitalist System" we would devour our world is ignorant for even now free thinking individuals are trying to develop new concepts of sustainable living. The market will shift towards sustainability.

Who killed the electric car?   it wasn't the consumers.

Our would is being devoured by corporatism

Whats your solution to capitalism?

AutodidacticJoe

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 10:18:40 AM »

in my opinion the closest thing we can get to "utopia" is Anarcho-capitalism.
AutodidacticJoe

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 10:31:01 AM »

And what about population? How do we keep that down? Again Free-market capitalism. End all welfare programs, real market prices on contraceptives (dirt cheap), Almost no unemployment. Poor people have more kids then rich and middle class and there would be far less poor.
assasin7

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 10:34:34 AM »

Your missuderstanding me, I don't mean envirmental destruction. I mean production itself, you can't produce infinite goods on a finite planet. Eventually you crash. Right now most companies money comes from manfactured demand.

"then go hang yourself"
AutodidacticJoe

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 11:16:32 AM »

No i understood and answered you. if what we are doing is unsustainable we will shift our efforts into new methods. Captialism is not a system per se. its what happens when you leave people alone. Theres no capitalist police saying only 1 person can own a business or you must use this or that method to preserve the "system" haha we technically can still be capitalist and live in venus project style cities if we all voluntarily chose too.   As for manufactured demand your right. Id blame the lack of real education and corporatized media.
assasin7

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 12:31:37 PM »

we're using 2 different definitions:

I mean: an economic system were money has sex with labor and material and has a baby of more money

you mean: free markets. Free markets would abolish property rights, without a state you can't have private property.

"then go hang yourself"
AutodidacticJoe

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 12:51:19 PM »

governments dont protect property now. Protection of property is a $huge$ demand. my guns and whoever provides that service is what protects my property.  Competition and consumers keep them in check. lack of taxes means trying to fund the formation of a government would be extremely difficult. And look how difficult it is for over 100,000 troops to fight "extremists" in the middle east. imagine fighting millions of armed citizens. Nothings perfect but saying only government can protect property is weak argument imo
AutodidacticJoe

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 01:20:32 PM »

I guess i shouldnt say citizens but people. i give up trying to understand you. if you want to be a communist go buy (because you cant just take and in the lack of property taxes) property and live "communisticly" just note that itl be a very primitive lifestyle. Ha

braindead0
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 01:37:10 PM »

we're using 2 different definitions:

I mean: an economic system were money has sex with labor and material and has a baby of more money

you mean: free markets. Free markets would abolish property rights, without a state you can't have private property.
The problem is that your 'definition' isn't a definition so much as it's a string of words tossed together with no concern for reality, relevance or logical association.
assasin7

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 01:57:44 PM »

Money is used to make more money

"then go hang yourself"
MAM
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 10:43:01 PM »

1. When goods are produced many of them are destroyed because they would drive down the price of goods. This means that companies run at a loss, so they have to constantly expand to new areas of production, or create artificial demand to justify increased supply (yes now its supply= demand)

2. Capitalism seeks infinite growth on a finite planet, imposible, someday t will have to die.

3. Increase mechanization to better exploit resources will destory the ability for products to be bought.

1. This is false, basic economics shows us that supply and demand reach an equilibrium. Sellers want to charge as much as they can buyers want to pay the lowest price in this way the curves intersect creating the equilibrium price. Your entire statement is logically inconsistent.

2. One day the Sun will go supernova destroying the earth therefor any system we try on the earth will be destroyed. Your notion of sustainability is flawed.

3. What?
assasin7

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 11:01:15 PM »

1. This is false, basic economics shows us that supply and demand reach an equilibrium. Sellers want to charge as much as they can buyers want to pay the lowest price in this way the curves intersect creating the equilibrium price. Your entire statement is logically inconsistent.

2. One day the Sun will go supernova destroying the earth therefor any system we try on the earth will be destroyed. Your notion of sustainability is flawed.

3. What?

1. That was true before mass advertising, I'll post the video for this later

2. What I mean is capitalism will get to efficient and run out of resources to be produced.

3. all producers will be replaced with machines, making it run out of money

"then go hang yourself"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: