Daily Anarchist Forum
November 27, 2021, 12:19:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: Converting an anarcho-communist  (Read 71657 times)
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2012, 10:26:36 PM »

<tongue held> Must... not... waste... energy.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
Kinglord of Castle Manufactoria

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2012, 11:17:00 PM »

One of you is clearly a time traveler.

Seriously though, Assassassin7, defend that assertion with facts.

If you aren't willing to, whatever I say next overrides your statement because I say so.
All people can make voluntary trades.
assasin7

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2012, 10:07:47 AM »

You can only make voluntary trades when both sides have equal power. If A has a huge factory and B needs money for his cancer treatment, any deal involving money they make will be exploitative, in A's favor. Ancapism would only work in small village where everyone is a skilled laborer or a farmer.

"owning a fire arm, that's a hanging offense"
"then go hang yourself"

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2012, 11:03:15 AM »

I would say, if anything A, Kinglord of the Manufactorum, is being generous by hiring someone with cancer.

It's a simple thing, B has labor, A has money. B sells his labor to A.
If B doesn't want to sell labor to A, B takes his business elsewhere.
Both people acquire something they want if they decide to trade.

Your magic spells don't work on me.
assasin7

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2012, 11:19:19 AM »

I would say, if anything A, Kinglord of the Manufactorum, is being generous by hiring someone with cancer.

It's a simple thing, B has labor, A has money. B sells his labor to A.
If B doesn't want to sell labor to A, B takes his business elsewhere.
Both people acquire something they want if they decide to trade.

Your magic spells don't work on me.

No, A is going to DIE if he doesn't get hired, B doesn't have a gun to his head, so B will exploit A. Coercion is not just violence.

"then go hang yourself"
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2012, 01:39:40 PM »

You can only make voluntary trades when both sides have equal power. If A has a huge factory and B needs money for his cancer treatment, any deal involving money they make will be exploitative, in A's favor. Ancapism would only work in small village where everyone is a skilled laborer or a farmer.
Competition works in both directions. The difference in bargaining power that you perceive only exists in select industries. Most of the time, firms have to compete to offer the best wages to qualified workers.

You also haven't explained the exact method through which the owner can "exploit" someone who needs to make his money quickly. If anything, he'll be less likely to accept a lower-paying job, because it wouldn't cover the bills anyways. He can commit to reject lower wages, improving his bargaining position.

@JakeM: I'm not seeing the time-traveling...

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2012, 02:43:12 PM »

I was implying that assassassin7 was the statist Josh was referring to.
assasin7

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2012, 03:11:09 PM »

Competition works in both directions. The difference in bargaining power that you perceive only exists in select industries. Most of the time, firms have to compete to offer the best wages to qualified workers.

You also haven't explained the exact method through which the owner can "exploit" someone who needs to make his money quickly. If anything, he'll be less likely to accept a lower-paying job, because it wouldn't cover the bills anyways. He can commit to reject lower wages, improving his bargaining position.

Making B work long hours for little pay

"then go hang yourself"

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2012, 03:52:42 PM »

The picture you're painting is like this medieval eastern european village with some kind of castle-factory, where Kinglord CEOvus reigns over his people with a constant monopoly on all jobs ever.
assasin7

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2012, 03:55:49 PM »

if the shoe fits...

"then go hang yourself"

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2012, 04:06:26 PM »

IT WILL BE PRODUCED IN MY CASTLE FACTORY.
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2012, 09:12:36 PM »

Making B work long hours for little pay
Why not go work for the other guy down the street who pays more?

-MAM
assasin7

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2012, 10:15:35 PM »

Its the idea of working for someone i dont like selling your time to anothers control

"then go hang yourself"
Script

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2012, 04:29:29 AM »

Its the idea of working for someone i dont like selling your time to anothers control

The weird, weird backwards land of ancom: 

Give me what I want and need or else you are coercing me.

Hanzo

Deprived Ninja

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2012, 11:01:01 AM »

All of his examples would be bunk in a free market. The price of getting an edumacation is artificially raised by the government. There is also the licensing, taxes, and the overall cost of living would be extremely cheap in a free market.

His examples of what occurs in the current system do not apply to a theoretical stateless society.

Also, why are communists on the internet always rich kids? Anyone have any idea?

What if it was a gift?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: