Daily Anarchist Forum
October 18, 2019, 05:00:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cookies  (Read 2476 times)
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2012, 09:02:57 PM »

If you accept them (and you probably do since many websites require them), then you should check them. You'll notice sites you don't even visit. Now delete them all. 3 days from now, check out the repopulated list. Even if you only visit 15 websites or so, you'll have over a hundred of them. Somehow facebook always manages to infect me and I don't even use facebook.

discuss cookies and internet privacy if you wish.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
ff42

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 11:44:36 PM »

It is a pain in the ass (because I have to login each time), but I have firefox delete all my cookies each time I close the browser (at least once a day).
Josh D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 11:58:01 PM »

I used to be terrible at remembering my passwords, because I'd just let the cookies do the work.  Recently, I've been deleting the cookies at least once a day, and logging in by hand.  (The old fashioned way?)
assasin7

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 05:15:13 PM »

thanks, but why did you do that, it gained you nothing, but gave us something, thats a gift economy: I'll make a commie out of you yet  Grin 9because everybody must have my neurosis, I'm joking

"owning a fire arm, that's a hanging offense"
"then go hang yourself"
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 06:26:20 PM »

thanks, but why did you do that, it gained you nothing, but gave us something
Some people enjoy doing things, so help others at no charge. But there are always things that no one wants to do. In addition, you can have no economic calculation without prices! Gift economies will never get you sophisticated technology. How would you finance a giant project? How would you know whether the project produced something more valuable than the resources that went into it? It's economics. If you learn to understand the real meaning of two words I guarantee you'll become market anarchist. Those two words are "price" and "profit". If you truly understand what they mean and what they do, you're set.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
assasin7

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 12:43:38 PM »

I was joking

"owning a fire arm, that's a hanging offense"
"then go hang yourself"
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 05:33:21 PM »

Okay, so I was surprised when I came to this site to see an ad reflecting what I was doing just before. It's a google ad. I check and see that google doesn't have it's cookie infecting me at the moment (i've been using duckduckgo). So how did it get that info? (I don't think it could have pulled it out of a db somewhere because it's something i literally just looked up).

-MAM
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 08:49:12 PM »

Okay, so I was surprised when I came to this site to see an ad reflecting what I was doing just before. It's a google ad. I check and see that google doesn't have it's cookie infecting me at the moment (i've been using duckduckgo). So how did it get that info? (I don't think it could have pulled it out of a db somewhere because it's something i literally just looked up).

Pretty much any site you visit nowadays has facebook and google scripts on them, which track you. That's my understanding. I'd like to get rid of them. As soon as there are some quality Bitcoin ads up I will get rid of all of the Google code on my website. Then there's facebook. That's going to be a lot more difficult to get rid of as it's a major source of traffic and there is currently nothing on the horizon that will replace it.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: