Daily Anarchist Forum
August 16, 2022, 01:31:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: They're arming the drones  (Read 5947 times)
dpalme
Solder Monkey

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2012, 08:37:31 AM »

This'll learn those Occupiers.

http://www.disinfo.com/2012/05/american-police-forces-plan-to-arm-domestic-drones/

http://cur.lv/fgf0 <--- Accepting bitcoins!
braindead0
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 10:20:18 AM »

Sounds like it's time to build some directional EMP devices..   knock that right outta the sky.. someone out there probably has freely available info on creating an EMP device from microwave bits or something.
Euler
Anarchist Mathematician

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 11:18:33 AM »

I'm so shocked.

"When one man says, 'No I won't,' Rome beings to fear."
victim77

Registered Anarchist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 03:08:21 PM »

Sounds like it's time to build some directional EMP devices..   knock that right outta the sky.. someone out there probably has freely available info on creating an EMP device from microwave bits or something.
All you need is alot of copper wire and a large magnet i think
dpalme
Solder Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 03:50:24 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw2CkvZ861E&feature=g-user-u

Eh?

Euler
Anarchist Mathematician

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 04:00:15 PM »

All you need is alot of copper wire and a large magnet i think

I haven't done electrical engineering for a while now, but you're going to need a bit more than that to produce any directed effect.

"When one man says, 'No I won't,' Rome beings to fear."
victim77

Registered Anarchist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 05:02:34 PM »

I don't remember a freind told me how to make one a long time ago.
dpalme
Solder Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 05:18:34 PM »

Well that looks effective. And they're fairly simple to build if you have the parts.

Disengage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 04:23:58 PM »

I swear, the news gets more disturbing every day.

Personal EMP weapons are a dream.   

You can absolutely build something that can disable the electronics on the other side of your secret basement lair.   Building something to disable the electronics in the FBI van down the block, or the unmanned drone flying overhead is... well... no.    Distance is not your friend with these things, and something with a power source the size of a refrigerator is not a "personal" EMP.

However, given recent development in super-capacitors... it may be significantly more plausible now than it was just a few years ago.    And also more dangerous.    A super-capacitor would melt your immortal soul if you aren't careful, smart, AND lucky.   All three.

And now that we've got the full attention of the Department of Homeland Security, I'm going back into lurk-mode.   See you at the questioning.

randallstevens

FREEDOM!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 07:58:29 PM »

I guess I was mistaken when I thought Montgomery County would be better that Harris. I can't wait to bring one down.

He doesn't exist, except on paper.
Tear-Down-the-Wall
Mr. Edgar Friendly

Mother should I trust the government?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 08:45:18 PM »

My dad made EMP weapons when he was in the Air Force back during Vietnam. The thing with a drone, you have to have a gun to aim the EMP in a certain direction. If you don't, you're going to fry everything you own as well.

He talked about how they would take the EMP pods off of F4s, sit in the windows of the shop, aim them at the military police's radar guns, and fry them. It destroyed the radar gun but all of the equipment in the shop was safe because it was a concentrated beam.

I think you'd have to do the same if you wanted to hit a drone and really screw it up.

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back.

You take the blue pill- the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill- you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: