Daily Anarchist Forum
October 18, 2019, 04:51:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone make sense of this?  (Read 1858 times)
dpalme
Solder Monkey

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2012, 09:33:41 AM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/01/us-education-vouchers-idUSL1E8H10AG20120601

To me this sounds like the state is just shifting the tax money to private organizations to educate kids.

http://cur.lv/fgf0 <--- Accepting bitcoins!
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 01:14:49 PM »

The Principle of Religious Brainwashing:
"Give me a child before he is seven from age 5 to 18 and he will be mine for life."

Louisiana is a religious state, in a world where god has been dying, in the Nietzschean sense, for quite a while. If you don't force people to be religious, they sure as hell won't end up that way naturally.

The state is fine with religious education indoctrination since the churches preach obedience to both god and government.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
kunkmiester

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 09:14:41 AM »

If you don't force people to be religious, they sure as hell won't end up that way naturally.
I disagree.  While there has been some debate, I've found myself in religion, and I'd point out in spite of pressure the other way.

I do have disagreements with some things, as you said, almost all churches preach holding the status quo, mine included.  My life would be very different if I'd not grown up in the church, but those influences weren't as strong as they could be during key periods, but I still gravitated back.

On topic, the theory is to give people more control.  CATO among others disagrees with vouchers, and I don't recall all the arguments, but I appreciated them.  CATO favored credits for scholarships--businesses that donate to funds for sending kids to private schools get tax breaks.  This is admittedly not an area I've studied a lot.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 09:18:38 AM by kunkmiester » Logged

Evil is evil, no matter how small.
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 12:35:06 PM »

If you don't force people to be religious, they sure as hell won't end up that way naturally.
I disagree.  While there has been some debate, I've found myself in religion, and I'd point out in spite of pressure the other way.
What was your age when you were first told by a parental or other authority figure that god exists?

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
kunkmiester

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 06:16:22 PM »

Probably before the age range mentioned above.  Two of my brothers have left the church, so the process can't be 100%.

Evil is evil, no matter how small.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: