Daily Anarchist Forum
July 03, 2022, 03:38:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: This is disgusting  (Read 9440 times)
dpalme
Solder Monkey

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2012, 07:35:55 AM »

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/04/10/45478.htm

http://cur.lv/fgf0 <--- Accepting bitcoins!
rahvin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 08:49:46 AM »

"Witnesses yelled at officers that defendant was not breathing and pointed to the clear spit bubbles but again were ignored. Doe officer claimed decedent was 'faking it.'"

The thing I found most disgusting was that if these were regular criminals, they would have been shot.  But no, these are cops so they get worshiped no matter what they do.  
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 09:05:36 AM by rahvin » Logged
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 11:22:16 AM »

That's California for you.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
randallstevens

FREEDOM!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 02:35:54 PM »

I wouldn't bother with a lawsuit. I would give it several months and then the officers would simply go missing.

He doesn't exist, except on paper.
Anonymous Infowarrior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 05:57:08 PM »

Some cops commited some more atrocities in the name of the state.
I can't believe that anarchists are surprised about this.
Shit like this happens all the time with the cops.
SinCityVoluntaryist
Left Rothbardian against the corporate state; Ron Paulian against the empire

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 07:55:27 PM »

Cop violence has been on the rise for many years now. Unsurprisingly enough, a lot of started after the 2008 collapse of the market. Historically, it's been proven that authorities become more unchained when economies become destabilized.

<iframe src="http://c4ss.org/c4ssnews/js1.0/c4ssnewsobject.html?ctc=eef467&clc=f4f367" id="c4niframe" width="160" height="360" style="margin: 0px;" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Support the Molinari Institute:
http://praxeology.net/molinari.htm
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 10:11:08 PM »

To serve and protect.

It's kind of sad that we're so used to it that jokes like this can exist. I mean, a guy just lost his life and I'm hardly even phased...The first thing I think of is this picture....

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
braindead0
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 10:53:57 AM »

I believe affirmative action is largely to blame for the quality of cops going down the crapper.  They are effectively forced to hire people who in the past wouldn't be able to pass the pysch tests..  to make de facto quotas.
Batchain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 03:52:59 PM »

I believe affirmative action is largely to blame for the quality of cops going down the crapper.  They are effectively forced to hire people who in the past wouldn't be able to pass the pysch tests..  to make de facto quotas.

yeah, like all government programs, I'm sure that isn't helping.  I think more so though, that it is the fact that cops don't really get fired ever.  They do a crap job, or they torture or murder people and rarely do they get fired or adequately punished for their atrocities, and there are no repercussions for their employers either. Not to mention, keeping people in fear of the cops is the cherry on top for them I'm sure. Like all of government, they really don't have to play by their own rules.  If this had happened because of a free market private security business, this would be a publicity nightmare.  Competing private security companies would be sure everyone heard that their competitor tortures and kills people, and that would likely lead to people to switch companies away from these jerks...  The perpetrators would undoubtedly at the very least be fired and the company that had hired them in the first place would likely also suffer massive losses.  Unfortunately with cops you are stuck, you can't switch to someone else for security service, you can't even choose not to pay (unless you want to suffer the consequences) for their clearly harmful 'service'.    Anyway.... yeah I'm totally not surprised about something like this happening, it's really inevitable.     
dpalme
Solder Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 05:47:15 PM »

To serve and protect.

It's kind of sad that we're so used to it that jokes like this can exist. I mean, a guy just lost his life and I'm hardly even phased...The first thing I think of is this picture....

I was actually thinking of buying that as a t-shirt. . .

JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 12:08:24 AM »

Nice!

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
helio

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 08:25:09 AM »

I believe the war on drugs has been the prime mover for the escalation of cop violence and masochism.  There is too much of an economic incentive to 'raid' dealers to confiscate property.  Given that drug operations usually involve heavily armed people, the cops have geared up over the years to be on par. 

This is just a hypothesis though.

"Fire in the head, peace in the heart."  -Samael
dpalme
Solder Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 09:51:15 AM »

I believe the war on drugs has been the prime mover for the escalation of cop violence and masochism.  There is too much of an economic incentive to 'raid' dealers to confiscate property.  Given that drug operations usually involve heavily armed people, the cops have geared up over the years to be on par. 

I concur. It gives them excuses that they didn't have in the past.

JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 10:24:46 AM »

I concur. It gives them excuses that they didn't have in the past.
No source here, but I think the same thing happened during ethanol prohibition. Surprise, surprise...

-MAM
assasin7

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 01:15:25 PM »

I wouldn't bother with a lawsuit. I would give it several months and then the officers would simply go missing.

"owning a fire arm, that's a hanging offense"
"then go hang yourself"
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: