Daily Anarchist Forum
October 26, 2021, 02:59:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: The difference between agorism and anarchism  (Read 20487 times)
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2010, 07:52:31 PM »

After reading the thread I thought I'd recommend Tom Woods.

"Meltdown" is great for understanding our economic crisis. Dr. Woods is one of the smartest living members of the freedom movement. He can write in a way that common people can understand and its very uplifting to think that someone can damage people's confidence in the state in around 200 pages. Also consider reading "Politically Incorrect Guide to American History." His new one "Nullification" might be tough for someone who's already committed themselves to the destruction of the state, but I found it very interesting nonetheless. Understanding the federal compact theory is great knowledge for when it comes to arguing with both statists and political libertarians. Also, in PIG he throws in comments near the end of certain chapters suggesting that the american experience indicates that it might be impossible for a constitution to ever control a government. He's sowing the seeds of anarchy without openly saying "I'm an anarchist" and potentially turning people off.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
helio

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2010, 01:02:10 PM »

Stefan really helped me along once I had been 'bitten' by the gov is ineffective bug. 
My conversion really went like this:

Was a godawful pro warmongering Bush fanboi. 
Gave lipservice to Freedom and Democracy.
Worshiped the Nation.
Witness the financial collapse of 2008.
Discovered Ludwig Von Mises and Hayek, LWR .
Joined the 'Better Days Bandwagon' of the Constitutionalist Minarchism of Ron Paul.
Discovered Rothbard as as an extension of Mises.
Discovered Stefan M. and rational ethics.
Realized No matter how you cut it, minarchism is a difference of degree to statism, not of kind.
Gave up on minarchism, nationalism, patriotism, the constitution, and found my soul.

The whole experience was like giving up Christianity.  Terribly confusing, fearful, exhilerating, and then fulfilling.

"Fire in the head, peace in the heart."  -Samael
helio

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2010, 01:54:09 PM »

More on topic though...

Agorism seems to me to be Anarchist Theory in practice.  Discovering Agorism and Konkin really gave me a kick in the seat of my pants to do something.  I never had much inclination for civil disobedience as the opportunity cost of paying fines, jail terms, and social pariah is greater than finding more productive methods.  When I found rational ethics, I set out to convince everyone with reason and found out what a waste of time that was.

So I gave up on it for awhile because people seemed immune to argumentation. Just can't get past their emotional defense mechanisms that the state drills into them as children. 

I was really depressed for awhile as it seemed there was no hope.  Till I found Konkin.  Reading his primer really opened my eyes to how big the counter-economy really is.  I knew after reading that pdf that my methods must focus on withdrawing.

This article over at Strike the Root really opened my eyes as well. http://www.strike-the-root.com/path-is-destination-is-path

"Fire in the head, peace in the heart."  -Samael
FormerlyBrainwashed

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2010, 02:21:25 PM »

Excellent post. Logically consistent!

« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 12:51:35 PM by FormerlyBrainwashed » Logged
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2010, 05:25:20 PM »

@helio

could you provide a link to said primer?

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
FormerlyBrainwashed

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010, 05:27:38 PM »

@ JustSayYesToStatism

It's listed early on in this thread as well as at agorism.info

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: