Daily Anarchist Forum
August 15, 2022, 08:10:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is FINALLY 18  (Read 5302 times)
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2012, 12:59:33 AM »

I am so excited that i can now legally own a gun Cheesy

Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 01:00:53 AM »

Happy Birthday, dude!  Shocked

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
rahvin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 07:09:20 AM »

Congrats!

Any plans on what to get?
dpalme
Solder Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 08:34:45 AM »

Happy birthday bud! I've been legally able to buy for 4 years and haven't yet. I have to get on that!

http://cur.lv/fgf0 <--- Accepting bitcoins!
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 11:03:49 AM »

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Smiley

And rahvin I"m planning on getting a Mosin Nagant Type 53 carbine, and possibly an Kel-Tec SU-16C. The Type 53 fires the 7.62x54R round, and the SU-16 fires the .223 round. I already own a Mosin-Nagant M91-30, and a Remington 870 Wingmaster both of which are in my uncle's possession...or at least they were until today. Smiley

Anonymous Infowarrior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 05:15:30 PM »

Congrats.
Do you live in a place where it is legal to own a fully automatic weapon?
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 08:21:32 PM »

Sadly Anonymous Infowarrior I'm almost positive that it is illegal to own a fully automatic weapon in Michigan....and even if it wasn't Federal Law dictates that I have to get a special license, that I have to be 21 to get....while I would ignore that law....the penalties are VERY steep from what I know

Anonymous Infowarrior

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 11:48:39 AM »

Sadly Anonymous Infowarrior I'm almost positive that it is illegal to own a fully automatic weapon in Michigan....and even if it wasn't Federal Law dictates that I have to get a special license, that I have to be 21 to get....while I would ignore that law....the penalties are VERY steep from what I know
Sadly I believe you are correct. Sad
Michigan huh? I don't know if I am just being me, but judging by the fact that michigan is a known militia stronghold, I think that anarchists joining militias could be a very good idea. The kind of anti-war, pro-market, and anti-big government people that join militias could be an easy group to convert to market anarchism. And as I understand, militia activity is high in michigan compared to other states. So, if you ever happen to join a militia, be sure to talk to them about anarchism. They are exactly the kind of people that will convert to anarchism.
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 02:12:17 PM »

While you might be right about the possibility of converting militia members to anarchism, I doubt that, as at best they are mostly Constitutionalists to the core, and at worst raging NeoCons.....most likely closer to the best-case scenario though. But either way I am skeptical of the possibility of converting them to anarchism, though I would be willing to give it a shot. And you are right that militia activity is high in MI compared to other states...IIRC about 40 to 50 percent of all militias in the U.S. are in Michigan meaning it has the highest amount of all of the states in the U.S.

Anonymous Infowarrior

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 02:46:59 PM »

While you might be right about the possibility of converting militia members to anarchism, I doubt that, as at best they are mostly Constitutionalists to the core, and at worst raging NeoCons.....most likely closer to the best-case scenario though. But either way I am skeptical of the possibility of converting them to anarchism, though I would be willing to give it a shot. And you are right that militia activity is high in MI compared to other states...IIRC about 40 to 50 percent of all militias in the U.S. are in Michigan meaning it has the highest amount of all of the states in the U.S.
Most militiamen I have seen are paleo-conservatives or minarchists. And most hate the government, hate taxes, and love Ron Paul (who I am convinced is a closeted Ancap). If you put emphasis on the fact that government depends on taxation, and make them remember that governments are the ones who are infringing upon the second amendment, they'll be easy converts.
But yeah, you should definitely try to gain some converts in militias.
David Giessel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 03:28:40 PM »

Few of the types of people who join militias are anti-war. They believe that constitutional pixie dust makes killing foreigners ok, just like most of them believe that so-called constitutional tariffs and excise taxes used to fund the criminals who founded the "United States" are a 100% legit morally sound way to support their dream state. They are so far from voluntaryism it's silly.

I have a challenge that I will continue to issue. If you believe in "armed resistance" (i.e. assisted suicide) move to Oakland. Oakland has the highest concentration of fully automatic gun owners, probably the highest concentration of anti-state people living there (tho with no sound philosophical alternative), and probably among the largest black markets of any city in North America.

Sounds right up your alley Infowarrior. The dream of the violent protestor is alive in Oakland!

"Acquire a peaceful spirit, and thousands around you will be saved." -Seraphim of Sarov

"There is no ideology. There is no guru. There is only us, and this, and the silence." -Mark Manson
Anonymous Infowarrior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 04:33:00 PM »

Few of the types of people who join militias are anti-war. They believe that constitutional pixie dust makes killing foreigners ok, just like most of them believe that so-called constitutional tariffs and excise taxes used to fund the criminals who founded the "United States" are a 100% legit morally sound way to support their dream state. They are so far from voluntaryism it's silly.

I have a challenge that I will continue to issue. If you believe in "armed resistance" (i.e. assisted suicide) move to Oakland. Oakland has the highest concentration of fully automatic gun owners, probably the highest concentration of anti-state people living there (tho with no sound philosophical alternative), and probably among the largest black markets of any city in North America.

Sounds right up your alley Infowarrior. The dream of the violent protestor is alive in Oakland!
I'm not such a fan of big cities myself. I've always enjoyed being in remote places with large numbers of wildlife. And california is easily worse than my state of Illinois (don't even get me started on that)
The kind of people who are in militias are people like timothy mcveigh (who justified his attack by using the example of the way we treat people over-seas), Pat buchanan (who believes US intervention in WWII was unjustified), Alex Jones (who has continually showed his hatred of all things neo-conservative), etc.
People in militias tend to be non-interventionists. Neo-cons aren't common, or welcome in most miltias.
As for violence, I believe in self-defense, not outright violence. As the US government has attacked all of us in one way or another, and used it's criminal monopoly in doing so, we have the responsibility to defend ourselves and others from such crime. Everytime the government attempts to use force to coerce me into doing something, I should be able to use the same amount of force that they are threatening me with to prevent them from aggressing. Therefore, any violence against the state is justified, as the state is a criminal enterprise, as self defense.  As Malcom X put it: "be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the grave"
As the state has layed more than a few hands on us, we should send it to the grave. That is what I believe. Of course, if the state stopped massacring so many people, I would believe in the use of non-violent civil disobediance. But, as history has proven, if the state stopped massacring people, the state wouldn't exist at all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: