Daily Anarchist Forum
September 26, 2022, 01:26:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anarchist brain drain  (Read 9765 times)
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 12:03:09 AM »

It really depends on what is meant by ending the state. Do you mean the US in particular? Do you mean global anarchism? Do you mean anarchism in some place somewhere, coexisting with states?

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
helio

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 11:41:48 AM »

change will only occur through a true education of younger generations.

I agree that education is the only disinfectant of statist mental corruption, but the methods that have been employed so far yield a terribly slow and infinitesimal result.  The obviousness of the failure of state power is what 'turned' me, and I was a hard-core statist.  I believe state failure is the most powerful force for mass conversion.  To that end, I no longer believe resisting the state is the method to defeat it, but rather to give it so much power it destroys itself. 

If state power advances too rapidly, wealth, and especially capital is destroyed en masse.  Without that wealth to leech it cannot bribe society for continued support.  The state falls into oblivion when its host economy dies and it becomes safe enough for us to try our grand experiment.  Once we do that, we will convert far more faster than ever thought possible because will we be living it.

I do not believe it is necessary to convince anyone further through education.  I believe the actions that should be taken are:
1: concentrate the numbers we already have geographically
2: Plan out replacement institutions and implement them as far as legally possible.
3: Leverage local politics towards more state involvement in economic affairs to accelerate the natural pace of national disunity caused by the contradictions of coercive state action upon peaceful society.  This above all else will 'educate' people to the evils and costs of state power.
4: Wait for the "Ancien Régime" to fail.
5: Completely implement our society and prove these bastards wrong.

"Fire in the head, peace in the heart."  -Samael
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 02:51:35 PM »

I agree with a lot of what you just wrong helio. The most significant thing I would change in that message is that education (under the assumption that the other tactics mentioned are being implemented) gives better infinitesimal results. It's only when we're scattered about clawing and trying to vote our way out of tyranny that conversion is doomed to mean nothing. One more 10 more people in California becoming anarchists will do nothing. Ten more in NH is much more meaningful.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
helio

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 03:38:51 PM »

I agree with a lot of what you just wrong helio

Not sure what you meant to say. Typo?

xphoenix

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 08:12:31 PM »

3: Leverage local politics towards more state involvement in economic affairs to accelerate the natural pace of national disunity caused by the contradictions of coercive state action upon peaceful society.  This above all else will 'educate' people to the evils and costs of state power.

I see at least two major problems with this approach.

• A purposefully accelerated growth in state power in order to topple it will cause an increase in societal disruption and all the other things associated with increased violence in the market. This will cause major regressions in ways of thinking as people try to cope and shift into survival mode.
  • Purposefully provoking an increase in state power is (in my opinion) a major violation of the non-aggression principle. There will be collateral damage, the ends do not justify the means - otherwise this would be an argument *for* state power. I.e. "it doesn't matter how many people get hurt, as long as the 'majority' benefit."

Reiterating my earlier statement: the state is poison, you can't beat it at its own game (being subversive, etc.). The best way forward to the future is to make everyone you talk to aware of that poison, even if it's just a small comment or reference to the truth of the matter. Not every conversation needs to turn in to a soap box on statism (unlike this post ;-)

It really depends on what is meant by ending the state. Do you mean the US in particular? Do you mean global anarchism? Do you mean anarchism in some place somewhere, coexisting with states?

Just based on the level of connectivity these days (and presumably in the future), once it starts somewhere it will spread like wildfire - probably globally. I still believe this is a long way off and we really need to consider ourselves as pioneers, unfortunately for us.
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 11:04:53 PM »

I agree with a lot of what you just wrong helio

Not sure what you meant to say. Typo?
Lol. "wrote."

-MAM
helio

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 08:51:11 AM »

A purposefully accelerated growth in state power in order to topple it will cause an increase in societal disruption and all the other things associated with increased violence in the market. This will cause major regressions in ways of thinking as people try to cope and shift into survival mode.

That is the point.  The only thing that will shake loose the myth of the state is it's apparent and rapid failure at every level.  Such confusion is exactly the kind of chaos that is needed for alternative societies to spring up.  We don't need everyone to become anarchists, we just need everyone else focused on other problems that they ignore us.  Deception is the art of war.

Purposefully provoking an increase in state power is (in my opinion) a major violation of the non-aggression principle. There will be collateral damage, the ends do not justify the means - otherwise this would be an argument *for* state power. I.e. "it doesn't matter how many people get hurt, as long as the 'majority' benefit."

It is only a violation of the non-aggression principle if it is the initiation of violence.  Clearly the state has existed prior, its support ubiquitous, and its violence applauded prior to my being born into it.   If these people want government, then by God let's give it to them good and hard till they beg for no government.

It won't end until the enforcers throw their hands up in disgust at the futility of enforcing absurd laws and that won't happen till the laws become so absurd and patently destructive that no one believes government is a valid concept. 

I'm merely arguing to explore the idea further.  I'm not actually suggesting a course of action at this point.  I think I need to write an essay to offer all of my supporting arguments.  This is too piece-meal. 

Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2012, 11:16:57 AM »

That is the point.  The only thing that will shake loose the myth of the state is it's apparent and rapid failure at every level.  Such confusion is exactly the kind of chaos that is needed for alternative societies to spring up.  We don't need everyone to become anarchists, we just need everyone else focused on other problems that they ignore us.  Deception is the art of war.

This is how I feel. When I see statist activists spending tons of resources and time, and even the government spending resources and time addressing statist activists(think OWS/NYPD) I can't help but to think it helps us do something TOTALLY off the radar to help us get stronger, while the two of them get weaker.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: