Daily Anarchist Forum
August 15, 2022, 08:26:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Got a letter from Uncle Sam  (Read 8799 times)
Freya
Tranarchist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 06:10:47 AM »

Wait, the US has a draft?
derick

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 07:53:46 AM »

One of the ladies in the liberty movement in NH has a teenage son who does not have an SSN. Doesn't have a license to drive. Can't open a bank account. It can be done but it makes life a lot more difficult. Course, who needs those things anyways, right?

My son was born last summer and we opted not to apply for SSN for him, most people I talk to about it dont know that there is an option. We can not claim him on our taxes and I dont think we could enroll him in school when that time comes, we hope to be homeschooling by then so that doesnt matter to us. Im not sure if not having the SSN is worth it or not, but I just want him to be able to make that choice for himself. He will probably be forced to accept the SSN when the selective service forces him to "sign up". Thats how the SSN trap works.
Will

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 07:56:17 AM »

No, but we have a system in place so that if there was a 'need' it could be started up at a moments notice.
Freya
Tranarchist

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 09:03:02 AM »

No, but we have a system in place so that if there was a 'need' it could be started up at a moments notice.

Right. We have the same thing here. I got my summons around age 17/18. Funnily enough the draft is only for "men". Since my government has coerced me into that category, if they ever choose to draft me into the army I'll (probably) be the only draftee with tits.

Not that I'd go anyway. I'd dodge it like my dad did Tongue. He's such an anarchist and doesn't even know it. He's certainly a libertarian though.
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 11:14:16 AM »

... Course, who needs those things anyways, right?

My wife seems fond of those things. I don't know why exactly.   Smiley

I've managed to get rid of and live without one of them so far. Still working on the other. Bitcoin FTW!

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: