Daily Anarchist Forum
September 26, 2022, 02:12:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripplepay  (Read 4349 times)
Will

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2012, 02:50:11 PM »

http://ripplepay.com/about/

Obviously it is still way too small to be of much use, but it is an interesting concept. How do you guys feel about it?
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 04:18:35 PM »

I think it was agoristteen you brought this to the forum's attention a couple of months ago.

I think it's a nifty idea with poor execution. I think any new innovation in money transmittance is doomed to fail if it is based on the Dollar.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
randallstevens

FREEDOM!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 04:20:07 PM »

More debt based currency. I don't see a need for it, but the market will decide.

He doesn't exist, except on paper.
Will

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 05:48:28 PM »

I think it was agoristteen you brought this to the forum's attention a couple of months ago.

I think it's a nifty idea with poor execution. I think any new innovation in money transmittance is doomed to fail if it is based on the Dollar.

Ah, should have done a search before I posted, I just ran into it on reddit.

From what I can tell its not really based on any one currency, though. On his home page it says he accepts almost 20 different currencies and on his intro video he uses Bitcoin as the example...
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 06:18:48 PM »

Ah, should have done a search before I posted, I just ran into it on reddit.

From what I can tell its not really based on any one currency, though. On his home page it says he accepts almost 20 different currencies and on his intro video he uses Bitcoin as the example...

My bad. It had been a while since I looked at it and I didn't remember being that impressed. Perhaps it just needs better management. I mean, it's been around for over a decade and hasn't gone anywhere.

Will

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 06:34:00 PM »

My bad. It had been a while since I looked at it and I didn't remember being that impressed. Perhaps it just needs better management. I mean, it's been around for over a decade and hasn't gone anywhere.

Yeah, I was more interested in the concept than the execution. It seems like the user base is just way to small to accomplish much of anything.
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 06:42:09 PM »

Yeah, I was more interested in the concept than the execution. It seems like the user base is just way to small to accomplish much of anything.

I think the idea is cool.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: