Daily Anarchist Forum
May 20, 2019, 04:25:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: CATO discovers anarcho-capitalism  (Read 14152 times)
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2012, 09:28:45 AM »

I also don't see how taxes would be collected if a fully free private money and banking system were allowed.

It wouldn't unless people wanted to, same as now.  Ever hear about shooting the taxman?  Capone took that to another level.  The best weapon they have is fear.  They couldn't collect taxes today with their own system if everyone just decided to stop paying. 

Tom J

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2012, 06:49:05 AM »

I also don't see how taxes would be collected if a fully free private money and banking system were allowed.

It wouldn't unless people wanted to, same as now.  Ever hear about shooting the taxman?  Capone took that to another level.  The best weapon they have is fear.  They couldn't collect taxes today with their own system if everyone just decided to stop paying.  

I think under such a system it could and would be possible to hide a great deal of one’s income and wealth from the state. And the legal justification for the state to freeze or seize one’s financial assets held in a truly private bank would be a different matter than it is now for the state to do that, AISI.

Also, after making my post I recalled in the 1990’s he was saying that in 30 years or so a significant segment of the economy would be hidden from the government, due to transactions being made encrypted via the internet. I suspect, however, he adjusted his prediction date after all the post 9/11 cyber “security” laws were passed.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 06:55:12 AM by Tom J » Logged
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2012, 08:30:48 AM »

I think under such a system it could and would be possible to hide a great deal of one’s income and wealth from the state. And the legal justification for the state to freeze or seize one’s financial assets held in a truly private bank would be a different matter than it is now for the state to do that, AISI.

Also, after making my post I recalled in the 1990’s he was saying that in 30 years or so a significant segment of the economy would be hidden from the government, due to transactions being made encrypted via the internet. I suspect, however, he adjusted his prediction date after all the post 9/11 cyber “security” laws were passed.

Well the internet has been causing them trouble.  They have been freaking out about how much potentially stolen tax money is being lost due to sites like Amazon. 

MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2012, 11:57:14 AM »

They cannot take that which is not given. They are pathetic a paper tiger roaring and saying "Look at me! Fear Me!" Bah I concern myself with myself let them do what they will.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2012, 03:25:57 PM »

They cannot take that which is not given. They are pathetic a paper tiger roaring and saying "Look at me! Fear Me!" Bah I concern myself with myself let them do what they will.

They are only paper when everyone leaves it behind.  Right now it is far from paper. 

MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2012, 03:49:47 PM »

They are only paper when everyone leaves it behind.  Right now it is far from paper. 

I leave it behind.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: