Daily Anarchist Forum
August 15, 2022, 08:36:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Something I posted on the Free State Wyoming forum regarding setting up a podcas  (Read 20370 times)
ErikAnarchy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 08:29:43 PM »

Love the Call-In idea and I can swing my share per month.
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 08:46:02 PM »

@ErikAnarchy

Great!

SinCityVoluntaryist
Left Rothbardian against the corporate state; Ron Paulian against the empire

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 09:00:39 PM »

I like the idea of doing call ins and chats. Sharing our ideals over the internet and talking in real time would be an awesome idea. Oh! if we do live chats, maybe we could get some big guests on the show. Stefan, anyone?

<iframe src="http://c4ss.org/c4ssnews/js1.0/c4ssnewsobject.html?ctc=eef467&clc=f4f367" id="c4niframe" width="160" height="360" style="margin: 0px;" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Support the Molinari Institute:
http://praxeology.net/molinari.htm
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 09:41:18 PM »

BlackandGr9y...while I would love to have some big name guests on the show...I'm a little leery of having Stefan on...I'm assuming you mean Stephan Molyneux correct? The reasons can be somewhat covered in this post by George Donnelly: http://georgedonnelly.com/opinion/7-signs-you-might-be-a-fundamentalist-libertarian

While Stefan may have his virtues...he has always struck me as a "it's my way or you're an idiot" kind of guy....and yes I will admit I tend to have trouble dealing with that flaw as well..not just in regard to politics but to a wide variety of topics....but I DO realize I have that flaw and actively work to combat it and be more open-minded. Personally I'd prefer someone like Marc Stevens host of the No State Project and NonEntity of the No State Project forums. Though I am admittedly biased since the No State Project IS my favorite libertarian anarchist/agorist radio show/podcast.

SinCityVoluntaryist
Left Rothbardian against the corporate state; Ron Paulian against the empire

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 01:12:06 AM »

I'm not discomfit in admitting that I'm a libertarian fundamentalist. Wink there's no reason for me to listen to the statist debates of the right and the left, so why bother, right?

As for Stefan: Stef can be a extreme from time to time. I've heard a OT of controversy surrounding his view on family and the methods he uses in what a lot of people say as breaking families down. Whatever the case, Stef is one of the most important libertarian thinkers that man has ever seen, and agree with him or not, the effects he's had on our movement cannot be ignored. I think having him on and getting his view on how younger people can be led to market thinking would be very beneficial to our cause. That's just me, of course.

<iframe src="http://c4ss.org/c4ssnews/js1.0/c4ssnewsobject.html?ctc=eef467&clc=f4f367" id="c4niframe" width="160" height="360" style="margin: 0px;" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Support the Molinari Institute:
http://praxeology.net/molinari.htm
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 06:25:44 AM »

I'm not discomfit in admitting that I'm a libertarian fundamentalist. Wink there's no reason for me to listen to the statist debates of the right and the left, so why bother, right?

As for Stefan: Stef can be a extreme from time to time. I've heard a OT of controversy surrounding his view on family and the methods he uses in what a lot of people say as breaking families down. Whatever the case, Stef is one of the most important libertarian thinkers that man has ever seen, and agree with him or not, the effects he's had on our movement cannot be ignored. I think having him on and getting his view on how younger people can be led to market thinking would be very beneficial to our cause. That's just me, of course.

Perhaps you're right, I don't know. I'm not trying to deny the effect Stefan has had on the movement, but I'm just saying I'm a little leery of him. Oh and I did ask the guy I suggested Marc Stevens of the No State Project, and he said he'd love to come and be on our podcast....once we get it off the ground that is.

Now having said that I'm STILL not seeing any suggestions on software to use! So try to think of something! I'll be looking around for software we can use myself but we need as many of us looking as possible!

AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 07:09:21 AM »

Okay I just looked up some info on how to create a podcast here's a link everyone might be interested in regarding that: http://www.wikihow.com/Start-Your-Own-Podcast

Now as I see it we have three routes.
1. We can make our podcast with a service like Blog Talk Radio. Has the advantages of convenience and the potential for a wider audience. Has the disadvantages of potential censorship, the fact that they may insert commercial breaks into the show, and that we have to pay.

2. We can set up a site through say WordPress, either through the free version of a WordPress blog or the paid version which gets us our own domain name, so if my blog were run that way it'd be called "www.agorism4everyone.com" vs. the "www.agorism4everyone.wordpress.com" that it is currently. Advantages are that while it still cost money it costs less than the first option, and that if we go the route of using our own domain name we may be able to get advertisers to put ads on the site...and pay us for the privilege though that IS unlikely. Disadvantages are much the same as they are in option 1, minus the commercial breaks. plus the fact that it'd be less convenient and would generate less traffic than option 1.

3. We can set up our own site independent of places like WordPress or Blogger or sites like that...and run it much like I'm assuming www.dailyanarchist.com is run. The advantages are that this would have little or no cost to run...and nay cost would be cheaper than the first two options. We would have absolute total control over the content on the site and podcast or at least as much "total control" as can be had when running a podcast with multiple people. Any other advantages would be much the same as option 2. Disadvantages are that it is less convenient than the first option and even the second option and that this would probably generate the least amount of traffic.

AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 07:25:51 AM »

Also I nominate dpalme to be the person who will be a co-host of this podcast to be the guy who records, and does the technical audio work  for the podcast esp. if we go the with either option 2 or option 3 as I described in my above most.

I nominate myself to come up with a loose plan/script for each episode.

Here's how I am envisioning this works: I come up with a loose plan/script for each episode that we (the co-hosts) hash out the details of, before each episode. Of course that won't account for people who call-in and tangents we go off on...so that's what I said a LOOSE plan/script.

Then we, the co-hosts have our teleconference that will be an episode of the podcast. dpalme records it, and does the necessary work to publish it in a way so that anyone who subscribes to the RSS feed(s) for the podcast is able to automatically download each new episode.

The problem I see is how are we going to allow for call-ins. While Blog Talk Radio allows for those AND provides internet chat...if we go with option 2 or option 3 as I described in my above post...we will have to figure it out ourselves.

Personally I think we should start with using Blog Talk Radio and having the teleconferences for each episode with Skype. While I don't see using Skype as changing....eventually we may or may not move from Blog Talk Radio to our own website. So what do you think? Also I'm leaving it up to dpalme (assuming every one of the co-hosts agrees to let him be the co-host in charge of recording each episode and publishing it after going through the necessary process) to decide which recording software to use. Now we just need to figure out how to do a teleconference through Skype. Tongue

As for any music we play during the show....I think we should stick to either public domain songs like Sing Sing Sing, by Benny Goodman, and/or using bands that publish their music under licenses such as Creative Commons...basically making their music open-source.

And finally we need a name for the podcast. I vote we either name it after my now defunct blog "Agorism4Everyone" or name it in a similar vein such as "Anarchism4Everyone" or "Libery4Everyone"
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 07:28:22 AM by AgoristTeen1994 » Logged

AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 07:29:44 AM »

Oh also in the event we use skype please use my skype id pyromaniacwolf1994. And if you want me to accept you as a contact...you'll need to let me know what your skype id is. Preferably either through a pm or posting here on the forum publicly.

dpalme
Solder Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 10:58:47 AM »

I'll do some more research on recording skype calls. I did it about a year ago when I hosted a radio show and got some iffy results, so give me a tad bit of time before we start to get things rolling. Maybe we can trouble shoot it this weekend or something.

Also, as for music to play, I cannot stress how awesome www.freemusicarchive.org is. All of the music is PD/Creative Commons, so that should be fine for playing.

http://cur.lv/fgf0 <--- Accepting bitcoins!
ErikAnarchy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 11:09:53 AM »

I'd say go with Anarchy or Liberty for anyone. Most people have a general idea of what those two words entail while some people may have no idea what agorism is or what it's about. So I think more people will click in if they see anarchy or liberty.
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2012, 11:28:59 AM »

I'll do some more research on recording skype calls. I did it about a year ago when I hosted a radio show and got some iffy results, so give me a tad bit of time before we start to get things rolling. Maybe we can trouble shoot it this weekend or something.

Also, as for music to play, I cannot stress how awesome www.freemusicarchive.org is. All of the music is PD/Creative Commons, so that should be fine for playing.

Okay. Another good site would be www.jamendo.com

I'd say go with Anarchy or Liberty for anyone. Most people have a general idea of what those two words entail while some people may have no idea what agorism is or what it's about. So I think more people will click in if they see anarchy or liberty.

That's kind of what I was thinking too...but should we do it the way you described or in the format of my blog's name only with Anarchy or liberty instead of agorism...so it'd basically be either Anarchy4Everyone or Liberty4Everyone

dpalme
Solder Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2012, 11:31:37 AM »

I'm leaning more towards Liberty4Everyone. A lot of people (including me a few months ago) will probably be turned off by "anarchy" as they will more than likely still see it as chaos in the streets type deal. In fact, maybe as an episode 1 idea we could do kind of an anarchy 101 of sorts.

AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2012, 11:37:24 AM »

dpalme: Great point about the word Anarchy....and great idea for a first episode.

Now to ErikAnarchy, dpalme, and BlackandGr9y...what are each of your skype id's ? As I believe I said before mine is pyromaniacwolf1994...if we each post our skype id's on this topic then it's a bit more efficient way of getting all of us added into each others contact list, than using PM's.

Oh also with which format would you prefer we publish the podcast? Through a site like blogtalk radio, or through our own site? And if we do our own site would it be through word press, or would it be entirely our own, minus perhaps, the servers.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 11:39:42 AM by AgoristTeen1994 » Logged

dpalme
Solder Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2012, 11:48:56 AM »

pyromaniacwolf1994...

Should we be worried? Tongue Wink

My skype name is dylanpalme . . .that might make it hard to go incognito on this show Tongue

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: