Daily Anarchist Forum
August 15, 2022, 08:23:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Something I sent to a friend on facebook  (Read 3724 times)
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2012, 02:56:36 AM »

Hello all here is something I sent to a friend on facebook regarding his previous status on abortion and how it should be outlawed..I have not yet gotten a response back, which knowing him I should get it within the next day or so.

I have a question for you based on your last status...a question in the form of a quote (with a modification) of one of my favorite fan pages.

If you think that a human activity absolutely must be outlawed, then ask yourself: Would you go up to the person doing this activity, point a gun in their face, and demand that give up some of their money, which is their private property that they earned, or enter a prison cell....which is something some many people somewhat accurately refer to as "a rape cage". If you're not comfortable personally doing this, then why suggest that some cop do it? Why demand that it be illegal

I ask this because I am curious as to if you would personally going up to a woman who was going to have an abortion, point a gun in her face, and demand that they perform one of the above actions if they follow through on having the abortion? Since while the enforcement of a law isn't necessarily the same as "pointing a gun in someone's face" it does boil down in my opinion to being the same thing morally and logically. Consider....if a woman has an abortion when it is illegal, whatever her reasons are...it was illegal. If she is caught by the police....they will probably depending on how severe of a crime abortion would be considered, either arrest her, or give her a ticket...let's go with them arresting her for sake of simplicity. That "arresting" of her, is in some people's eyes...equivalent to kidnapping, since both are backed by the threat of violence. If the person in this case a woman, resists being arrested enough the police officers who are arresting her will probably start being rather rough with her....it may even get to the point where they pull out their gun and make her follow their demands.

Now having said and asked that...I have to continue on...let's say you ARE willing in certain circumstances at least....to use the threat of physical coercion/violence to prevent a woman from having an abortion...when would you not be willing to do so? What if the woman was a virgin and was raped....she obviously knows WHO the father is...he almost definitely will be unwilling to take care of the kid and that aside, would be banned by the law from being around the kid, which isn't even counting the woman wanting to avoid the rapist as much as possible. Anyway my point is..what if she was raped and became pregnant from the rape? While yes there is always the option of her keeping the baby full term and giving it up for adoption...would you go up to that woman who was raped, and tell her that she must go through the entire process of carrying the child of the man who assaulted her in the most vile way possible, ad that if she has an abortion you'll through her in a prison cell or take some of her private property...probably the former since that was the usual punishment for abortion before Roe vs. Wade. Now before you answer that I want you to also consider this....there are millions of children in the world who can be adopted....yet so few parents who actuallly WANT to adopt a child.....if the woman carries the baby until she gives birth, and then puts the baby up for adoption....what if the baby is never adopted?

Also you have to consider how an Atheist may look at it....yes you can prove with science that the baby is alive at a certain point...or at the very least, that the baby will stand a very good chance of survival if removed from the womb and put through the process that hospitals use for extremely premature babies...but can you prove that the baby is sentient? Can you prove that the unborn baby is sentient? If you can't then your argument that we must outlaw abortion because it is killing a defenseless life....will probably be no different than a ban on hunting non-predator animals...which admittedly some would have no problem with but based on science alone...which is what most Atheists would use....their is little if any difference. Of course if you base it on sentience alone that opens up a different can of worms....such as the fact that most people can't be considered "sentient" until they're about 2 or 3 years old....do we allow babies before that point to be killed? I strongly say NO and in fact would be willing to use physical coercion/violence or the threat of such to stop a baby from being killed...I would also do so in the later stages of the pregnancy. As for before say 7 months out of the 9 month pregnancy......I struggle with that. While I do believe life begins at conception...and I believe all life is precious...I also realize that not everyone believes as I do...and I also realize that "Two wrongs don't make a right" While the second "wrong" could be considered justifiable in certain circumstances...it still doesn't make it RIGHT or MORAL.

So basically I'm asking you....would you be willing to personally use physical coercion/violence or the threat of it to prevent a woman from having an abortion? And if not then why should a police officer who may disagree with the law be forced to do so?

dpalme
Solder Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 09:23:33 AM »

People really need to look at the idea of evictionism.

http://cur.lv/fgf0 <--- Accepting bitcoins!
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 09:30:04 AM »

People really need to look at the idea of evictionism.

I can't seem to recall the tenets of that idea...I've heard of it I just don't remember what people who support "evictionism" espouse..

dpalme
Solder Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 09:45:09 AM »

Essentially you have the right to evict, but not the right to kill. So the woman would hold the fetus for an amount of time, "abort" it and it could then be put up for adoption.

http://cur.lv/fgf0 <--- Accepting bitcoins!
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 12:14:42 PM »

Essentially you have the right to evict, but not the right to kill. So the woman would hold the fetus for an amount of time, "abort" it and it could then be put up for adoption.

Ah I see. I can definitely agree with that then.

ff42

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 08:26:41 PM »

Looks like nobody addressed the concepts in the OP.  I believe this is an excellent approach (probably because it is the approach I use).    If you are not willing to personally apply a punishment then don't call for it.
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 06:22:49 AM »

thanks ff42. And I finally got a response from the friend. He said that he would NOT punish women who had an abortion but try to educate them and convince them that what they had done was wrong, and that they should try to "repent" for it. Of course He did realize that many women wouldn't accept even the possibility that they may have murdered an innocent life when they had the abortion....but he said he would at least try.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: