Daily Anarchist Forum
February 01, 2023, 08:52:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shire Society Declaration  (Read 4566 times)
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: July 01, 2010, 04:59:06 PM »

Only time will tell whether this idea catches on and spreads. If not this declaration, it could be another one. Either way, this is a declaration I can fully support, as opposed to those useless petitions people sign begging their legislative masters to be nice.

http://freekeene.com/2010/07/01/genesis-of-the-shire-society/

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
FormerlyBrainwashed

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 12:13:29 AM »

I agree...

The Shire declaration gets right to the point. Where people have fallen prey to "declarations" is in their ultimate [dependence] on documents that are allegedly created to establish independence. The American Dec of Ind is a good example of this in that those who rally behind it's text today, cling to it as if they [need] it for some sort of validation of their liberty. When in fact, the signers of that declaration had no binding authority to pledge anything on anyones behalf but their own. This doesn't even address their own hypocrisy in what they wrote and how they conducted their personal lives (which was certainly not of concern for the liberty of ALL individuals).

I don't believe declarations to be 'necessary' but certainly can have value in communicating ones intentions. I appreciate the absence of any sort of collectivist and/or minarchist undertones as there is no legitimate place for such nonsense.

It is also interesting to me though how many (not all!) FSP'ers fail to identify the inconsistency of their embracing declarations such as this, and simultaneous perpetuation of statism via their efforts within the FSP which is a self contradicting notion to begin with if their aim is to "win over NH" by way of popular vote which necessarily means being a gang of voters themselves.

I fully realize that such is not the position of all who claim to be "members" or supporters of the FSP. The reality though is that consistency in thought and action is crucial. Continual effort [within] the "system" might serve to reduce oppression but it can in no way legitimize the oppression [generated] on the part of the person using the system to try to beat it from within; as this invariably tramples on others who by using the same system hope to have a different outcome. This of course, all continues via the system of secret ballot voting and all the rest of the morally bankrupt practices of their so-called constitutionally limited republic.

Anyway... My only point here is that they can't have it both ways. They either support true (unadulterated) liberty, or they don't. Any method that requires violating others' right of self determination is antithetical to the truisms represented in the Shire Society Declaration which is what the original post here was about.

FormerlyBrainwashed

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 09:55:06 AM »

I began writing my own Declaration of Independence several months ago. It is incomplete and I am posting this very reluctantly, but here it is in it's first (incomplete) draft.

------------

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for any individual person to dissolve the political bands which have involuntarily connected them with other individual persons or collective bodies of people who assume for themselves to lay claim on the lives and property of free persons; and to declare their individual state of autonomy as is the natural state of every human being, a declaration of independence may be used as a tool of communication for freedom loving people to openly express their status as free and independent human beings.

I hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal. – That I am endowed by mere existence as a human being to claim certain unalienable rights. – That among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. – That to secure these rights, I will reject any action of all persons which seek to impose their will on my own, and that any such action by those who seek to destroy my freedom is considered a threat upon my existence and will be met with whatever resistance is necessary to ensure self preservation insomuch as any such resistance does not infringe on the rights of others to likewise live a life free from tyranny, plunder, and death.

Through the centuries history has proven that whenever governments are instituted among men all such governments eventually, if not immediately, usurp the very liberties they were allegedly designed to protect. Every such government has proven to advance the will of some over the will of others. Every such government has assumed for itself justification in establishing perpetual power over countless millions of people who are at birth declared to be [subjects] of such governments and “The People” they allegedly “represent,” a declaration which is in and of itself antithetical to true liberty.

It was once stated:

“That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.”

Such a statement is hereby declared to be morally bankrupt. Such a statement makes no attempt at identifying the natural state of liberty that all human beings are born with. Such a statement makes no attempt at recognizing that many people naturally exist on this continent that do not find it beneficial to trade in their own self determination for the whims of others, not even a majority of others. Such a statement assumes that government can only be replaced by government. Such a statement makes an attempt at establishing suffrage as a necessary state of existence which is again, contrary to the basic human right of self preservation. Such a statement attempts to establish that which some people may be “accustomed” to, as a lien on the lives of others who may wish to reject what others accept.

Even so, such a statement [rightly] describes an individual’s natural right to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security; however, it fails to recognize that an individual has NO SUCH RIGHT to [impose] their method of guarding their future security on others. Agreements among a majority of people or even a tyrannical minority of so-called elected representatives do not equate to moral authority.  No individual person or group of people has any inherent right nor justification in violating free individuals’ natural right of self determination.

It is prevalent today that people are all too willing to dispose their liberty and the liberty of those to which they have no natural authority to dispose of.  People have been falsely led to believe that their claim of independence is [granted] to them by way of documents written by men hundreds of years ago; men who likewise held no moral authority nor inherent right to impose their will on future generations. Indeed, it is a perversion of rationality to claim a status of independence while simultaneously claiming that such independence is dependent on the declaration itself. That is, the false proclamation that without such documents as declarations and constitutions, that individuals would somehow not be free to live and act according to their own will, independent of others.

Make no mistake; this declaration is not a proposal to institute new forms of government. This declaration serves to emphatically reject any such notion that “representative forms of government” are capable of representing individuals better than individuals can represent themselves. Furthermore it is absurd to suggest that people that may be considered too incompetent to govern themselves, are somehow simultaneously competent enough to vote for someone who can act on their behalf better than they can, yet still function as an agent (or extension) of themselves.

Let it be known that subjugation to an unwanted government and “The People” that it allegedly represents is no friend of true liberty. Neither is it possible for democratic processes to exist without trampling on freedom. The aim of this declaration is not to speak out against freedom; rather it is to speak out against those who wish to perpetuate the usurpation of the very freedoms Americans claim to cherish, yet fail to realize do not exist in America.

The history of the government of the United States of America is a history of hypocrisy, tyranny, plunder, deceit, imposition, coercion, bondage, imperialism, occupation, and murder. To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world.

-----------

List of usurpations to follow…
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: