Daily Anarchist Forum
October 06, 2022, 09:36:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ron Paul dropouts  (Read 9209 times)
Tom J

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 11:47:06 PM »

Just curious, a quick google doesn't give a good answer: At what point do we have a firm nomination?  A wiki page lists the last primary in June, is that the time?

As memory serves me, with Republicans, itís when a candidate has won a majority of the total number of delegates.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 01:33:08 PM by Tom J » Logged
Argus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 01:09:37 PM »

I have decided, for the first time in 24 years, not to vote this year (donning my Flame-war Retardant Forum Comment Cloak).

After studying (with a degree) politics since 1992, I just don't think the system is structured in such a manner to give someone like me a voice.

In the long run, I'm not sure if I will want to continue to call myself a U.S. citizen so voting would almost be hypocritical.  And, I simply don't care any more. Statism --- it's what's for dinner -- always.

Voting in the 2012 election is like ordering from a restaurant that only serves horseshit and bullshit sandwiches...either way, you're going to be eating shit for every meal -- for four years.

Maybe it's time to choose a better restaurant -- I hear Costa Rican's pretty tasty.

Admittedly, if Paul won, we'd get some tasty fries to go with ... our shit sandwich. Who's still hungry?

Paul would represent a massive step in the right direction but his administration would be about as effective as Carter's given the shape of Congress -- and let's be honest, the real power is and always has been in their hands.

The supposed monolithic power of the presidency is a shell game unless we're talking about shooting people and blowing things up.

My concerns for the future revolve less around who sits in the White House and more about how to maximize personal profit from the global cyber-economy while living in the place that best protects my sovereign rights.**   I'll be watching precious metal prices..not poll numbers.

But that's only my senile rantings. I have been wrong in my 41 years as often (maybe more often) as I've been right. Keep evolving. Keep learning.

Argus

** BTW, if anyone figures out the aforementioned solution to "maximizing personal profits," feel free to share said solution with Old Uncle Argus. Peace.
Mark Stoval

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 02:27:05 PM »

I have decided, for the first time in 24 years, not to vote this year (donning my Flame-war Retardant Forum Comment Cloak).  ... Admittedly, if Paul won, we'd get some tasty fries to go with ... our shit sandwich. Who's still hungry? ... But that's only my senile rantings. I have been wrong in my 41 years as often (maybe more often) as I've been right. Keep evolving. Keep learning.

Argus

Argus, my man, I would never flame you for voting or for not voting. It is your individual choice.

I will say that I have wavered on that issue over my 40 years of being of voting age. I tend to think that a vote only strengthens the system and is therefore not to be done but sometimes I do anyway. I have voted against a public railroad in Florida on countless occasions but we got it anyway.

If you look at history, mankind made little progress from 1800 BC until 1800 AD. Then something happened and we saw a tremendous upsurge in living standards and technology. What happened? Freedom, liberty, or old fashioned liberalism happened. Total anarchy would have been even better but liberalism paved the way for great advances. (liberalism in the classic sense)

So, hang in there and continue to preach the truth where you can. If no one listens, you still are preaching truth. (and you have moral high ground to boot)

JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 06:06:35 PM »

Shocker!

Seriously, though. Do you think the Mafia would let a new Don come in that's going to dismantle their entire criminal organization?

If voting changed anything they'd make it illegal, right? Tongue
Awesomeness.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: