Daily Anarchist Forum
September 29, 2020, 12:38:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: If you're paranoid like me...  (Read 11886 times)
Rocket
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2012, 05:00:06 PM »

So what do you suggest? If I'm going to be a good little anarchist, how do I differentiate? I'm not going to go tip my hand by talking to my neighbors about this. That's crazy. Where's the baseline? I really want to know.
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 05:11:48 PM »

So what do you suggest? If I'm going to be a good little anarchist, how do I differentiate? I'm not going to go tip my hand by talking to my neighbors about this. That's crazy. Where's the baseline? I really want to know.

Use your best judgment. But don't forget to study the best(Rothbard et al)!

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Rocket
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 05:30:24 PM »

You're killing me, I get reamed about hacking my neighbor's wifi, then I suggest using background checks as an objective baseline for determining 'innocence', now we're back to my best judgment which is clearly that of an outlaw/television thief. Ultimately how can I know what anyone's true motivations are except my own? I'll check this guy out but I'm telling you from my own experience, I've never met anyone who was innocent and I've never meant anyone who wasn't a victim, that's just life.
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2012, 05:35:45 PM »

True, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't govern our own actions towards the good.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Rocket
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2012, 05:53:31 PM »

I'm not disagreeing with you. But almost every reply referring to the 'good' people gives little direction to this promised land. Like I said, based on this discussion I'd be happy to delete hacked wifi networks for people who haven't 'trespassed' and this principle seems to be near and dear but pretty nebulous. When I first posted, my goal was to educate and the fact is running your connection on Tor through wifi that's not yours adds an extra layer of protection for yourself. That's it and that's all. This has all been very educational to me with regards to anarchy.
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2012, 06:46:51 PM »

I was just suggesting you could find more that you could try to morally justify theft from.  You don't like the suggestion on how to find out such a thing, so your self limiting what you will be able to find out.  Your asking for something that doesn't exist.  We can't read minds.  

... I've never met anyone who was innocent and I've never meant anyone who wasn't a victim, that's just life.

I could say that I have met plenty.  I consider being threatened into doing something to not put someone in the aggressor side of the deal though, and some here would argue to the death that I am wrong about that. 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 07:01:53 PM by Syock » Logged

Rocket
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2012, 06:59:01 PM »

That's all I was trying to say. You can't read minds. So I agree. As far as investigating people's moral turpitude, that's a tall order but I'll try not be so self-limiting. This whole conversation can just get frustrating because of the rather indiscriminate personal attacks especially while avoiding direct conversation before casting these comments. So I appreciate you engaging in this discussion.
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 07:05:18 PM »

That's all I was trying to say. You can't read minds. So I agree. As far as investigating people's moral turpitude, that's a tall order but I'll try not be so self-limiting. This whole conversation can just get frustrating because of the rather indiscriminate personal attacks especially while avoiding direct conversation before casting these comments. So I appreciate you engaging in this discussion.

I don't post on the article side of the website at all.  I don't even have an account to do so.  I wasn't trying to say you were necessarily aggressing, as I don't know the condition of your neighbors either.  I was just suggesting that blindly aggressing is not a safe bet.  Statistically speaking, one of your neighbors may not deserve it, the rest probably do.  

You could probably just see if they have political propaganda up and figure out what they think.   
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 07:13:38 PM by Syock » Logged

JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2012, 10:52:44 PM »

This has all been very educational to me with regards to anarchy.
Just keep in mind that no one or two people can represent all anarchists....Ha, get it, no representation...

I am not going to try to decide if what you are doing is "good" or "bad," because I don't know enough about your situation.

I think some of Seth's advice has been fine. He said to use your best judgement, but he also suggested keeping in mind the principles that market anarchists hold. So he's asking you find out a thing or two about market anarchism, and from there, try to act within the framework of voluntaryism. The idea of figuring out who it's acceptable to steal wifi from is based on the idea that some of us have less sympathy for certain people...specifically those that want to steal from us, imprison us, and conscript us, and who actively assist the the thugs in making these things happen.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
bastiat

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2012, 12:03:51 AM »

I think it is, at least as you describe it, a very low level rights violation probably less than leaving your outside lights on at night. A seeming random act of kindness clearly makes them whole.
livermore

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2012, 06:43:30 AM »

After reading the htread i want to tell you my basic assumption..

And yes i am open to critic always ^^  excuse faulty wording as english is not my native language..

I have studied nearly every libertarian, anarcho-capitlisitc and objectivist paper i could get my hands on ... of course i am not in the position to judge but i will try tell you how i think about this issue..

Following as i see this :

I try to see this stuff as it could be happening in a "perfect " market-anarchist society..

In such a society of ourse people would be educated much better in their wifi security aspects as privacy & identity has much more worth for the individual person.

Probably even those which have no clear understanding of tec would have someone to manage this (through insurance companies probably) ..as long as people use state enabled and licensed "companys" to install their wifi etc they have the duty to properly secure their networks themselves..if they just don`t care it`s their own fault if they invite freeriders..

of course the moraly fine freerider won`t leave a trace and won´ßt do anythign which could harm the "victim" and only protect himself and his identity..

in a "perfect " market there would be whitehats wardriving for the next wifi that is not secured and be paid by the insurance comany for their work..and every insurance company would pay defendance to an vicitm of an blackhat who downlaoded cp through ones connections because it insured against in the first place..and people who don´t want insurance have to make it themselves but are left alone if somebody managed to crack it..

i could even see thieves guilds spring up where they are paid to get into insured houses to make sure it won`t work and if it works they get a price from the insurance etc etc etc..

hope you ge my line of thinking..

at least i think rocket is not trying to gain son somebody elses misery and thats worth a lot in these times..

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: