Daily Anarchist Forum
August 15, 2022, 07:52:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A question regarding setting up a Diaspora* pod  (Read 3097 times)
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2012, 05:41:06 AM »

Hey everyone I have a favor to ask regarding Diaspora. You see I'm planning on setting up a Diaspora pod for the area of the state I live in, and combining either a Jabber interface like Google Talk and Facebook Chat use, or an IRC server....what I was wondering is 1. Which do you think would be more popular. and 2. If something were to happen that were to "shut down" the internet, whether through natural, or man-made ways, would it still be possible to access the pod and it's chat functions if it was still active? Please comment and if I think of any more questions I'll ask.

Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 12:47:10 PM »

These questions are over my pay grade.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 01:53:57 PM »

Ha I see....well do you at least no someone who WOULD be able to answer my questions?

Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 02:03:20 PM »

There has to be some sort of Diaspora forums out there. Pods are the hardest part of the whole thing. It's a real project you'd be embarking on.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 10:14:18 PM »

Yeah it is. And maybe you're right, there MIGHT be some kind of forums/IRC channel for Diaspora support...I'll look into it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: