Daily Anarchist Forum
September 22, 2019, 07:53:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: What is your MBTI personality type?
ENFJ - 0 (0%)
ENFP - 0 (0%)
ENTJ - 2 (6.9%)
ENTP - 1 (3.4%)
ESFJ - 0 (0%)
ESFP - 0 (0%)
ESTJ - 0 (0%)
ESTP - 0 (0%)
INFJ - 1 (3.4%)
INFP - 0 (0%)
INTJ - 16 (55.2%)
INTP - 6 (20.7%)
ISFJ - 1 (3.4%)
ISFP - 0 (0%)
ISTJ - 1 (3.4%)
ISTP - 1 (3.4%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your MBTI personality type?  (Read 35169 times)
braindead0
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 09:46:18 AM »

work had us do it, I chose the middle selection on everything.  These kind of things are no better than astrological signs.

If there is a middle selection it was written by a novice.  I would say it is better than astrology because it asks you how you think, rather than tells you.  It isn't trying to guess, it simply categorizes existing preferences. 
The company that our company used 'seemed' legit.. If I recall the questions had radio buttons calling for selecting how much you agree or disagree with a statement or the like,  and I just selected the middle. 

Snake oil as far as I'm concerned, and a lot of researchers agree.
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 09:52:14 AM »

Snake oil as far as I'm concerned, and a lot of researchers agree.

If you consider it snake oil or not, there is still an interesting trend here.  70% INTJ, vs what is found in the general population of about 3%. 

JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 04:48:06 PM »

This is better than astrology for sure. Mine was pretty damn accurate. I checked out other "types" just to make sure it wasn't one of those tricks where it ALWAYS sounds like you. Not the case. My personality type description fit me pretty well.

I tend to be skeptical of those tests where you have to choose strongly agree, agree, neutral, disagree, strongly disagree. People are not good at trying to "measure" how strong their attitudes are towards a lot of things. I always find myself thinking..."Hmm...sometimes I agree, sometimes I disagree strongly. Should I average these?...or consider what I think is the most likely scenario they are trying to get at?"

The test I took for this was only Yes/No.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
Will

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 12:17:12 AM »

This is better than astrology for sure. Mine was pretty damn accurate. I checked out other "types" just to make sure it wasn't one of those tricks where it ALWAYS sounds like you. Not the case. My personality type description fit me pretty well.

I tend to be skeptical of those tests where you have to choose strongly agree, agree, neutral, disagree, strongly disagree. People are not good at trying to "measure" how strong their attitudes are towards a lot of things. I always find myself thinking..."Hmm...sometimes I agree, sometimes I disagree strongly. Should I average these?...or consider what I think is the most likely scenario they are trying to get at?"

The test I took for this was only Yes/No.

I don't have a lot of faith in the test themselves, but the profiles are pretty damn accurate. Read a few of the profiles around what the test says and what you actually are usually pops right out.

I read one profile that listed board games INTPs usually enjoy, three of the four were my favorites. It's kind of creepy.
Script

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 01:32:16 AM »

I got "ENFJ".  Famous other "ENFJ's":  Bill Clinton, Tony Blair and Ronald Regan.  Fuck.  I'm retaking the test.

Extraverted:  1%
Intiutive:   25%
Feeling:     25%
Judging:      33%

I don't feel like this is very accurate because a lot of the questions were difficult to answer as the answer was "yes" for certain situations and "no" for others.  But then, I don't really understand this metric and how it works.
Will

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 01:47:51 AM »

I got "ENFJ".  Famous other "ENFJ's":  Bill Clinton, Tony Blair and Ronald Regan.  Fuck.  I'm retaking the test.

I don't feel like this is very accurate because a lot of the questions were difficult to answer as the answer was "yes" for certain situations and "no" for others.  But then, I don't really understand this metric and how it works.

Those are all pretty close, I'd check out profiles for ENFJ, INFJ, and of course the prevalent INTJ Wink Or try a different test.
Rothbardian
Radical Libertarian

Abolish the State!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 01:53:10 AM »

I got INTJ - which I believe is called the mastermind - the very first (and only) time I took the test. However, I will refrain from submitting poll results until I can take it a second time.

Rothbardian
Radical Libertarian

Abolish the State!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 03:20:27 AM »

Alright, I got INTJ again. Grin

Introverted   Intuitive   Thinking   Judging
89%            38%         38%         11%

Geez, I'm just like the majority for once in my life!

rahvin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 03:47:30 AM »

It's been recommended to me to take the test with consideration towards a particular social setting because sometimes we behave differently in different circumstances. 

So for example, when the test asked if my desk is clean or cluttered; that was a tough question for me because my home desk is cluttered and my work desk is immaculate. Try choosing a school/work/home setting and answering all the questions according to how you behave there. 

Maybe approaching it in that manner will help. 
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 12:44:59 PM »

So for example, when the test asked if my desk is clean or cluttered; that was a tough question for me because my home desk is cluttered and my work desk is immaculate. Try choosing a school/work/home setting and answering all the questions according to how you behave there.  
That was a tough question for me too!!! I like keeping my desk perfectly clean, but when I get down to work I might have it look like a sea of papers for a few days or weeks at a time. I clean it all up ASAP though.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
David Giessel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2012, 02:54:40 AM »

Dead thread walking!

Introverted - 33%
iNtuitive - 100%
Thinking - 75%
Perceiving - 22%

Like JSNTS I wasn't very convinced thinking that all of the descriptions sound like yourself ... till I read them. Creepy how much better INTP fits than the others.

"Acquire a peaceful spirit, and thousands around you will be saved." -Seraphim of Sarov

"There is no ideology. There is no guru. There is only us, and this, and the silence." -Mark Manson
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2012, 10:25:18 PM »

Dead thread walking!

I like dead threads walking.  It is much more useful than having 20 threads to repeat yourself in and veteran posters eventually just yelling at new people to use the search.

Coltan L.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2012, 02:48:10 AM »

I'm more than a fan of this. Like Dave and JSNTS I was completely skeptical at first.  Afterwards I was amazed but kept my MBTI fandom in the closet, to the point of not telling friends.  Once a few friends tried it out and it totally nailed them, I cemented my opinion.

I'm INJT, seeing the poll results are a little shocking, its a pretty rare type.

I've done a decent amount reading on it and i've successfully applied it in real life. I'm not expert but I'm really impressed with it.  Its based on Jungian psychology. Jung was kind of a badass.
David Giessel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2012, 12:32:48 AM »

I'm INJT

INTJ. Sorry, the INTP in me requires precision in language.

"Acquire a peaceful spirit, and thousands around you will be saved." -Seraphim of Sarov

"There is no ideology. There is no guru. There is only us, and this, and the silence." -Mark Manson
MAM
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2012, 01:01:24 AM »

I am INTJ apparently, whatever that means.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: