Daily Anarchist Forum
April 19, 2014, 09:29:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jim Bell's Assassination Politics  (Read 673 times)
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: February 12, 2013, 11:40:53 PM »

Love it or hate it, can anybody deny the inevitability of this happening?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT5c8eklvZk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT5c8eklvZk</a>

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 03:19:32 AM »

I'm sure everyone is going to be surprised by the fact that I love this. What I find so cool about it is the fact that all of the pieces already exist for this to be implemented...

We could see this emerge soon. It gives me hope for anarchy in my life time, something I didn't dare hope for before (the main cause of a lot of frustrations I've been feeling of late).

Anyway hells yeah!!!

Thanks for posting this Seth!!!

EDIT: I decided to go ahead and read the essay, it was easy to find but I'm a fan of the division of labour so now instead of having to search for the essay yourself you can find it here.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 03:37:49 AM by MAM » Logged

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
RJ Miller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 04:10:48 AM »

This concept is very touchy...

Jim Bell is no longer in prison and his name does come up still from time to time on the Cypherpunks mailing list. Bitbutter actually changed his mind though about how inevitable assassination politics really is (and I notice Seth that you just recently commented on that video).

I'll try and get in touch with Bell about some of this. I do have some skepticism about this whole idea, but in many nations of the world today I do think it has some merit.

stateexempt.com - The book should be done by early 2015

Privatize + Legalize + Decentralize
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 05:18:14 AM »

This concept is very touchy...

Jim Bell is no longer in prison and his name does come up still from time to time on the Cypherpunks mailing list. Bitbutter actually changed his mind though about how inevitable assassination politics really is (and I notice Seth that you just recently commented on that video).

I'll try and get in touch with Bell about some of this. I do have some skepticism about this whole idea, but in many nations of the world today I do think it has some merit.

Well the tech already exists all that is needed is for someone to do the hard part and make the service.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: