Daily Anarchist Forum
April 17, 2014, 10:32:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Survival  (Read 536 times)
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2013, 08:33:25 PM »

I've been thinking alot recently about ways to earn and the White market is becoming increasingly shit. How are ya'll surviving under these conditions?

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
dpalme
Solder Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 08:42:52 PM »

Barely. I'm a student and do "maintenance" at a grocery store.

http://cur.lv/fgf0 <--- Accepting bitcoins!
SinCityVoluntaryist
Left Rothbardian against the corporate state; Ron Paulian against the empire

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 09:54:02 PM »

I work front desk at a property for $12.00/hr. That's a very good starting salary.

<iframe src="http://c4ss.org/c4ssnews/js1.0/c4ssnewsobject.html?ctc=eef467&clc=f4f367" id="c4niframe" width="160" height="360" style="margin: 0px;" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Support the Molinari Institute:
http://praxeology.net/molinari.htm
helio

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 11:48:41 PM »

I write software for small company that dental insurance companies use to combat fraud and abuse as well as managing their provider networks.  It's really cool because I can easily see how such business intelligence tools would serve private defense agencies. 

It is as free market as you can get without putting yourself at risk. 

Anyone who wants a job that pays should get into tech and move here.  Nashua has a huge foreign population because natives don't have the job skills these companies need.  Half of our company are Indian. Microsoft .NET developers are in high demand.  I get calls and emails from head hunters weekly with job offers and inquiries into if I know any developers looking. 

Unfortunately I hate microsoft and want to retool my skillset out of that platform but that will talk time.

"Fire in the head, peace in the heart."  -Samael
r3VOLutionRefugee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 12:00:00 AM »

I write software for small company that dental insurance companies use to combat fraud and abuse as well as managing their provider networks.  It's really cool because I can easily see how such business intelligence tools would serve private defense agencies. 

It is as free market as you can get without putting yourself at risk. 

Anyone who wants a job that pays should get into tech and move here.  Nashua has a huge foreign population because natives don't have the job skills these companies need.  Half of our company are Indian. Microsoft .NET developers are in high demand.  I get calls and emails from head hunters weekly with job offers and inquiries into if I know any developers looking. 

Unfortunately I hate microsoft and want to retool my skillset out of that platform but that will talk time.

I've thought about learning about the C#/.Net rout, but I never see anything that is truly entry level.  Everyone wants .Net people, but only if you have 5 years experience.  Seems pointless to even try to break in.  The same seems true about a lot of other programming work as well, but .Net internships/first professional job type gigs seem impossible to come by.
Warstring

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 11:25:12 PM »

I am a railroad contractor working on a new signal system. It is a very political enviroment, unions and non-union contractors. But the wide array of skills that I am obtaining and the excellent pay will serve me well in the future. Contractor work has been one of the prime motivators for my move to ancaps.

I wish to preach, not the virtue of ignoble ease, but that of the strenuous life.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: