Daily Anarchist Forum
April 17, 2014, 04:41:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I don't get why preppers are viewed as evil individuals  (Read 2283 times)
SinCityVoluntaryist
Left Rothbardian against the corporate state; Ron Paulian against the empire

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2012, 09:39:55 PM »

http://lewrockwell.com/orig13/luther3.1.1.html

OK. By modern definitions, I'm a prepper. In fact, everyone here is considered a prepper in some fashion or another. What's the big deal anyway?

<iframe src="http://c4ss.org/c4ssnews/js1.0/c4ssnewsobject.html?ctc=eef467&clc=f4f367" id="c4niframe" width="160" height="360" style="margin: 0px;" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Support the Molinari Institute:
http://praxeology.net/molinari.htm
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 10:49:26 PM »

Turrists

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
oooorgle

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 08:18:32 AM »

It's not the same plan the Mormons have for storing 2 years of food and I didn't pray to god or government while doing it.
Disengage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 06:40:37 PM »

Why are preppers are viewed as evil individuals?

1)  Not depending on the government for your survival.
2)  Not believing that the government is eternal and all-powerful.

This is a one-two punch as far as Statists go.    You may as well ask why some religious people think that atheists are evil.    Because it's exactly the same thing.

ff42

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 08:06:33 PM »

Why are preppers are viewed as evil individuals?

1)  Not depending on the government (or god) for your survival.
2)  Not believing that the government (or god) is eternal and all-powerful.

This is a one-two punch as far as Statists go.    You may as well ask why some religious people think that atheists are evil.    Because it's exactly the same thing.

Fixed it for you.   Roll Eyes
r3VOLutionRefugee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 04:00:45 PM »

Driving a friend's car back from the airport today, I heard a segment on NPR where they were talking about the Mayan apocalypse.  Then they started talking about other end-of-the-world beliefs.  They basically said that believing in the Mayan apocalypse is the same thing as christians believing in the return of Jesus, or those crazies that believe the US government or the monetary system will collapse.  Brought up the preppers, Sandy Hook shooter's mother being a prepper, and how all those groups are about guns, guns, guns. 

So, basically they went from the Mayan apocalypse to Sandy Hook means we need gun control.
BobRobertson

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 10:05:50 AM »

So, basically they went from the Mayan apocalypse to Sandy Hook means we need gun control.

I'd say that perfectly illustrates the Statist mind-set.
Tear-Down-the-Wall
Mr. Edgar Friendly

Mother should I trust the government?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 07:35:31 PM »

I'd say that perfectly illustrates the Statist mind-set.

Statist gonna state.

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back.

You take the blue pill- the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill- you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
bsg1206

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 08:22:44 PM »

Well, the stereotype is that they are irrationally paranoid social misfit types and that is not too far off from the mark as far as the people I've met that self identify as "preppers." I think people see weirdos with guns and think they are going to shoot up a school.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: