Depression is a common mental health issue that can be difficult to cope with. Fortunately, many individuals have shared their experiences and insights on depression, providing comfort and support to those who are struggling. In this article, we’ll share some of the most inspiring and thought-provoking depression quotes, along with an explanation of why they’re so powerful.
1. “Depression is like a bruise that never goes away. A bruise in your mind.” – Jeffrey Eugenides
2. “The only thing more exhausting than having a mental illness is pretending like you don’t.” – Unknown
3. “I don’t want to see anyone. I lie in the bedroom with the curtains drawn and nothingness washing over me like a sluggish wave. Whatever is happening to me is my own fault. I have done something wrong, something so huge I can’t even see it, something that’s drowning me. I am inadequate and stupid, without worth. I might as well be dead.” – Margaret Atwood
4. “The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.” – John Green
5. “It’s not always the tears that measure the pain. Sometimes it’s the smile we fake.” – Unknown
6. “Depression is being colorblind and constantly told how colorful the world is.” – Atticus
7. “I have depression. But I prefer to say ‘I battle’ depression instead of ‘I suffer’ with it. Because depression hits, but I hit back. Battle on.” – Unknown
8. “The opposite of depression is not happiness, but vitality.” – Andrew Solomon
Depression can be a difficult and isolating experience, but these depression quotes provide comfort and support to those who are struggling. By highlighting the challenges of depression and emphasizing the resilience and strength of individuals who are coping with it, these quotes offer hope and inspiration to those who are battling mental health challenges. If you are struggling with depression, it’s important to seek professional help and support, but remember that you are not alone in your journey towards healing and recovery.