I Am Finally Moving To New Hampshire

June 28th, 2011   Submitted by Seth King

Well, after several years of pondering, two years of conviction, one visit, and a year later than hoped for, my wife and I are finally moving to The Shire. I found a Porcmanor apartment in downtown Manchester. This means that I will be living in a building owned by a Porcupine, occupied by Porcupines. And we should be arriving by the end of July!

We’re very excited to be moving to arguably the freest state in the country as well as the most heavily libertarian-populated city within that state. I have been emotionally detached from California for a very long time. The people and its institutions are corrupt and you can feel the state dying more so every day.

Unlike California, New Hampshire is experiencing an influx of productive and liberty minded individuals. If this trend continues I see no reason to lose hope for the future of the The Shire’s inhabitants. California, however, is all but a lost cause.

My wife and I will be sharing an apartment with roommates so as to cut down on costs. Ideally, we would like to have our own place, and I suspect in short time we will. But for now, the security of maintaining an extremely low overhead is comforting. My wife would very much like to transition full-time towards her animal portrait business, whereas I will need to find work, hopefully underground, until this website operates in the black.

Over the course of the next several weeks we will be getting rid of many of our belongings and packing for our move. Many others who have relocated cross-country stress how important it is to move as few things as possible. Being minimalists by nature, that shouldn’t be too hard for us. The plan is to pack my old man’s truck to the brim, and tow my wife’s car behind it. This will not only allow us to skip having to pay for rental trucks, trailers or pods, but also give my dad the opportunity to see New Hampshire for himself. It is my hope that my parents will make the move to The Shire within a year or two’s time as well.

This move, while on a shoestring budget, is still going to cost my wife and I a pretty penny. Neither of us have much savings and both have considerable debt. But our financial position has little to no hope of improving in California. Only New Hampshire holds great promise.

Daily Anarchist is not a non-profit. It is not a corporation. Its overhead, risk, and responsibility are borne solely by me. Being the dyed-in-the-wool capitalist that I am, my goal is to make a living spreading the message of freedom the best way I know how. But this venture requires capital. I do this by investing thousands of dollars sponsoring other liberty loving websites, like Lew Rockwell, Free Keene, Free Talk Live, and Liberty Radio Network. I buy in bulk large quantities of anarchist flags that are not for sale anywhere else. I pay anarchist activists just like yourself to share high-quality content with the rest of us, all without copyright. I even built my own virtual private server in order to better secure the accounts and privacy of my readers.

And the gains have been significant. Roughly twelve months ago Daily Anarchist was lucky to bring in thirty unique visitors per day. As of today, we are bringing in an average of three hundred visitors per day. It is my hope that by this time next year we will be bringing in ten times that amount. But I need your help. I need to get to New Hampshire so that I can better report to you from the front lines of the revolution. Until the day Daily Anarchist operates in the black, its overhead cuts into what I can use to sustain myself. But what I have to sustain myself is in short supply.

Will you donate to Daily Anarchist today? You can help by making a one time donation via Paypal. You can also subscribe to Daily Anarchist for as little as three dollars per month and help me budget into the future. And best would be if you purchased one of the many anarchist flags I have for sale. This would help to grow Daily Anarchist as well as spread the message where you live.

It continues to be my great honor to be the editor of Daily Anarchist. I would like to publicly thank my many donors, subscribers, forum members and contributors for all of your passion. Without you, my hope for the future would be grim indeed. Instead, I am very optimistic. Thank you.

25 Responses to “I Am Finally Moving To New Hampshire”

1. Thomas QuinlinNo Gravatar says:

Best of luck to you. About six years ago I moved me and my wife from Northern California to Las Vegas. She is still pissed at me for moving us away from her roots but after 28 years I’d had enough. However, while I enjoy many things about Southern Nevada (it has beautiful mountains for climbers like me as well as wonderful places to see like Death Valley, Grand Canyon and the like) the state and local government here are about as correct and even more inefficient than California. “law” enforcement is even worse here and asset seizure is totally out of control. I’d thought more than once to moved my businesses and my family to NH but I think my wife would divorce me.

Trust me, in the long run you will benefit from getting out of California.

I’m sorry to hear your wife is so dead set against moving to New Hampshire. Why did you pick Vegas of all places to move to? That almost seems like hopping out of the frying pan and into the fire, at least if an economic collapse happens. Any chance of you moving back to NorCal and making your wife happy?

2. Audrey BarberNo Gravatar says:

Good luck to you, Seth. I know exactly how you feel about this exciting move. I gave up almost all of my worldly goods in Auburn to move away from CA. I had to leave my adult kids, grandkids and greatgrandkids and my sweet kitty, to move to a more simple and agrarian and less populated place. A place where food can be grown all year long. We really believe that a hard hit food shortage is on the way and over here on Maui there are farms and farmers markets everywhere all year long. We are endeavoring to try to get a barter system going over here. When we get that going we will write to you and let you know how great that would be for you folks to use in NH. Let me know how you feel about that. It’s food networking, using bartering and local currencies as a vehicle to implement it. FYI, why don’t you google both systems and you will get some great ideas. We have a website started but it’s in it’s infancy. See what you think. Go to http://www.alohafood.net.
    Give your Mom and Dad my love….
    Audrey

Thanks Audrey!

Barter and alternative food supplies are already very popular amongst the anarchist community in New Hampshire.

• valhelionNo Gravatar says:

Hawaii would be the perfect place to go if it weren’t for the 75,000 soldiers based there. Isolated, Perfect climate, rich soil, deep water port for international trade, source of geothermal power….

3. valhelionNo Gravatar says:

Congrats Seth! I am envious. Although I am somewhat surprised you chose Manchester. I thought I remember you saying you were interested in Grafton, but as long as it’s New Hampshire it’s good! Soon as I get my debt paid down, I’ll be heading that way myself.

The eventual goal is someplace remote like Grafton. But for now we’ve chosen Manchester for the job opportunities.

I definitely hope to see you out there soon!

4. Audrey BarberNo Gravatar says:

My neighbor is from Massachusetts and she said that Vermont is another state that has a freedom from the government status…..she thinks, even more than NH. Have you heard of that?

5. CabinmanNo Gravatar says:

Good Luck Brother!

Trust meon the Vermont thing, be careful. There may be secessionists there but there are also more solcialists than just about anywhere. They didn’t elect Bernie Sanders to Congress for nothing.

I was born and raised in Vt.and still have a lot of family there. NH is the better choice.

6. Ray GergenNo Gravatar says:

Grats, Seth! Hope the best for you and Kitty!

7. I. M. PericlesNo Gravatar says:

Good luck, Seth!

I still think you need to consider a warmer place…like perhaps Athens, Greece. My sheeple and I have managed to enslaved the idiot sheeple of Northern Europe and we have great beaches here and a far better place to live than the dumpy and gloomy northern barnyards.

Three cheers for Dumocazy!

HeHe.

Thanks Pericles!

If I wanted to live in Greece then I wouldn’t have to go anywhere, because Greece is coming to California! Watch out!

8. ThinkAnarchyNo Gravatar says:

I am happy you are finally able to move. My g/f and I hope to make the move within two years. We may take a trip up there sometime soon though, we need a vacation and New Hampshire seems like a reasonable destination.

Unfortunately one of our business ideas for New Hampshire was recently implemented by someone else… I won’t share however, since we could still compete if we move quick enough. I don’t want to encourage more competition.

In summation, congratulations on your imminent move, I hope you like your new town and you and your wife have a prosperous life there.

9. NH NativeNo Gravatar says:

Stay out of NH you flatlanders, this was a great state untiil the influx of folks that ruined ther own states and try to turn ours into california. STAY OUT !!! you are not welcome here!!!

Too late, I’m already here.

If I liked California I wouldn’t leave. Why would I try to turn New Hampshire into what I hate about California.

• JohnNo Gravatar says:

Liberals do it ALL the time! They never learn from their mistakes and bring their liberal ideology everywhere they move to and wreck that place too!

• JayNo Gravatar says:

Well, there are alot of us stuck here in Cali, that arent libtards or conservatards. Were just looking for a better life than what we have. But Seth is correct, California is quickly dying and the people here dont give a shit. They just keep building houses without enough water to provide for these families. Cali is so bankrupt and broke and dry that our fisherman up north have watched rivers die and their industry destroyed by the heavily subsidized big agriculture. These are a few of the reasons why we NEED to get the hell out of this commie state

10. Mitch WardenNo Gravatar says:

Hi Seth,

Came across your page while looking at New Hampshire stuff tonight. My family and I are planning to make the move soon to get out of this hell called “Texas”. Just curious to know how you still feel about New Hampshire. Is it still a great place to live, work, and raise a family (quality of life)? Would you recommend starting out in Manchester? I’m honestly not a die hard Porc yet but I really like the idea of more freedom. We’re just looking for a great place to live close to the ocean and the mountains. We’re a simple family. Very excited to make the move. Just hope its worth what we’re getting into. Thanks for your help Seth. Any advice would be great.

• Mitch WardenNo Gravatar says:

Anyone, feel free to reply. Thanks.

Hey Mitch!

I’m still very much loving living in New Hampshire. Manchester is a good place to start, because of all of the job opportunities and large liberty community, but it’s not the place for me. After six months we moved up to Northern New Hampshire, and we’ve been here ever since. It’s wonderful!

I wish you the best of luck with your move and sincerely hope you get in touch with the liberty community. If there’s anything more important than living in New Hampshire, it’s getting your philosophy straight. And if you’re not 100% down with liberty, then your philosophy ain’t straight. 😉

Safe travels!