Stefan Molyneux Is My Preacher

July 23rd, 2011   Submitted by Seth King

For me, For a New Liberty was my holy book. It was the work that converted me to anarcho-capitalism. And there have been many prophets along the way, namely Ron Paul, Walter Block, Lew Rockwell and gang. But I think for me and my generation, nobody preaches the gospel as well as Stefan Molyneux. Here is another video of Stefan doing what he does best, speaking to live audiences. Enjoy!

25 Responses to “Stefan Molyneux Is My Preacher”

1. Jimmy DNo Gravatar says:

Stefan is amazing. The other big one is Jeff Berwick of The Dollar Vigilante. If you don’t get his daily blog then you are missing a daily dose of delicious anarchism

2. Mistress de LibertyNo Gravatar says:

I agree! Stefan is great! Jeff Berwick is also awesome. I hear he is speaking at Libertopia in October in San Diego. Stefan had Jeff on his show recently by the way, in case you missed it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko9U4-xtFms

3. DiabloKNo Gravatar says:

Amen, Brother!

4. KristNo Gravatar says:

Stefan is TOO preachy IMHO.
    He also commonly makes self refuting statements.
    If he could keep his mind focused on anarchy, then he’d be okay.
    But he gets off on other little pet tangents and that’s where he hurts himself.
    Over time, I’ve only grown to like him less and less.

I like your list of names, but prophetic is a bit much.
    All accept the preacher title though.

5. oooorgleNo Gravatar says:

@Krist, “He also commonly makes self refuting statements.”
    Please share some examples or should I just take your word for it?

6. White IndianNo Gravatar says:

Libertarianism is very much a secular salvationist movement, with its holy books, prophets, and hope of some sort of heaven where the power of Satan (nowadays the Socialists) has been overcome by the faithful, who follow the teachings of the Great Master, “Thou shalt own thy neighbor as thyself.”

Voluntarily, of course. Note how true believers can rationalize any atrocity, such as:

(1) physically sadism and assault of owned slaves (see Voluntary Slave Contracts by Walter Block http://www.lewrockwell.com/block/block134.html)

(2) summary execution of non-whites via “Racialist Science” (see Murray Rothbard, Lew Rockwell and Scientific Racism http://holocaustcontroversies.blogspot.com/2010/07/murray-rothbar d-lew-rockwell-and.html)

(3) selling children — perhaps as “Blockian” sex slaves? (http://mises.org/daily/2568)

I think I’ll stick with non-prophet inductive thinking.

7. Hey, thank you so much for reposting this my friend, I really appreciate your very kind words! :)

8. White IndianNo Gravatar says:

It’s very typical of a religion to deny and carefully corral what it’s preachers say from discussion in public. QED.

You’re too quick to jump to conclusions, not only philosophically, but with internet patience as well. I’ve been AFK for a week and was unable to approve your comment. Your comment got blocked for review because you had two links in your comment. When two or more links are added to comments, it suspects spam, and must be approved.

It’s nice to see that you have taken the time to read anarcho-capitalist literature, but I am sorry to hear that you have mistaken their meaning. I’m not sure if you’re being intellectually dishonest with yourself and trying to take a positive idea and spin it to something perverted , or if you truly do not understand the articles’ intent. Either way, the topics you’ve linked to are some of the most esoteric within the voluntaryist philosophy. It’s a shame that you’ve used them to denounce the Non-Aggression Principle as a whole. In doing such, you are condoning a system of tyranny, oppression, and violence against peaceful people far worse than one could ever dream up in their wildest imaginations concerning voluntaryism.

9. AuNeroNo Gravatar says:

Many of Stef’s followers just parrot him without any critical thinking of their own. Stef posted an article about a scientist who was caught falsifying data in a scientific study. I commented that Stef often puts too much faith in scientific conclusions. He refers to many studies and their conclusions as truth. I pointed out that Stef contradicts himself when he abhors faith but practices it himself. I was attacked by his followers on the board. Then my account was deleted. And, I kid you not, my IP address was banned from freedomainradio.com. I guess debate and the free flow of ideas and opinions is not welcome on Stefan’s site.

• oooorgleNo Gravatar says:

LOL!

• RJ MillerNo Gravatar says:

I cannot claim to be in 100% approval of him either. While I admire the influence he has in bringing people to a more liberty-oriented mindset, he does seem to be a little over the top at times, especially when insisting that people abandon their family of origin for what are practically metaphysical reasons.

Nobody is perfect, including yours truly. But I cannot think of anybody who makes video podcasts better than Molyneux.

• RJ MillerNo Gravatar says:

I can agree with that. His ability to open the eyes of ordinary citizens to what government really is FAR outweighs his faults.

Cannot help but be a little envious of that man’s ability to present ideas.

10. I.M. PericlesNo Gravatar says:

Stefan Molyneux is a thinking man who has broken out of The Matrix.

I suspect he is a product of the former Neo-Tech thinkers.

He is helping people break out to a new mentality away from “External Authorities” and to the Civilization of the Universe as God-Man.

11. I.M. PericlesNo Gravatar says:

Molyneux deserves it. He is actually helping people break free of their tribal mentalities and their insane religion and government stupidities. People will now discover for themselves that all they are are human livestock to a handful of elite global terrorist groups…He calls countries “Tax Farms”…Which is exactly what they are. If you can find old writings from Neo-Tech, they are extremely helpful as well at helping you break out.

Don’t worry…I’ll go back to being negative now. :)

You are all screwed! Just be good little tax cattle! Obey your Masters!

12. I.M. PericlesNo Gravatar says:

Oh…And…Don’t forget to Vote!

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!

13. RangoNo Gravatar says:

I agree. My top 3 in no particular order: Doug Casey, Stefan Molyneux, Jeff Berwick. Walter Block is also great but u r right, he doesn’t have enough videos on the net!

14. Larken RoseNo Gravatar says:

There are two very different ways to “minister” unto people. One is to offer them truth, which they can make their own. The other is to try to take control of the beliefs of others, to psychologically subjugate them. The former is useful and good, the latter is destructive and evil. There are very few people out there trying to help you out of your mental cages, and lots and lots trying to coax you into the cage THEY want you to be in. If I really nitpick, I can find an occasional disagreement I have with something Stefan says. But when it comes to the line between preaching blind subservience on the one hand, and preaching thought and freedom on the other, he is on the right side of the line … by about a zillion miles.