The Success Story Of Sovereign Curtis

May 10th, 2011   Submitted by Seth King

People often tell me that they are not yet in the financial position necessary to move to New Hampshire. I can understand that sentiment. Nobody wants to move to a different part of the world, with all of its uncertainties, in financially poor shape. Ideally, one would pay off outstanding debts first, have some savings in the bank, and line up a job before moving.

But the truth of the matter is that if you’re struggling where you currently are, you might as well struggle in New Hampshire. Where you claim that you cannot afford to move, I believe that you cannot afford to stay.

If you’re doing well now and you’ve got a family to support then I can understand biding one’s time. But as the economy gets worse I believe you’ll be seeing many more Free Staters moving to New Hampshire with little more than the clothes on their backs. I’m almost at that point myself. I’m several grand in the hole, have no full-time employment and no prospects of things improving in the so-called Golden State. If I’m going to be a debt slave I might as well be one in New Hampshire, where I’m amongst like-minds, a lower cost of living, no sales taxes, and arguably the best economy in the nation.

We’re headed for what may become known as “the Greater Depression.” If that is the case then you’re likely never going to be in outstanding financial shape. My sentiment is that one is better off toiling in New Hampshire than anywhere else. And by the looks of it, Sovereign Curtis agrees. I hope you will watch this testimony and take what he has to say to heart and then join me, and so many others, in the pilgrimage to the land of milk and honey.

28 Responses to “The Success Story Of Sovereign Curtis”

1. CharlieNo Gravatar says:

I would like to move to NH and be among the free staters, but the fact is NH is just too cold – which I why I chose to move to Hawaii where you can grow food year round – try that in the freezing NH

On the flip side, what good is it to be able to grow food year round if the looters are just going to come and steal all of it?

2. I. M. Pericles.No Gravatar says:

Don’t know why you think it’s a free state…The local Political Terrorists steal your earnings every year when you purchase and claim real property as your own. It is not living when you are forced indoors 5 months out of the year.

3. …while you still can…

4. AndrewNo Gravatar says:

Though NH is far from being a “free” state (an oxymoron in any case), there is great comfort and strength to be found in camaraderie with fellow, ethically committed lovers of freedom.

There is nothing more glorious than a New England autumn, and, with proper preparation, one can come to appreciate the discipline and beauty of winter as well.

5. JustusNo Gravatar says:

I find far more reasonable, friendly people in places like Wyoming or South Dakota than I found in New Hampshire. In NH, for every decent human being who happens to be a libertarian, there’s a sniveling, whining nutjob Keeniac type who also happens to be a libertarian.

6. Collectivize much, Justus?

7. JustusNo Gravatar says:

No need to collectivize. You are one of many individual examples of what I’m talking about. Disrespectful asshats without any common sense or decency. A handful of you folk are plenty to keep reasonable people away. It’s just a shame that so many good people have to pay the social price for your douchebaggery.

8. How am I disrespectful? To whom (that deserves my respect)?
    What evidence do you have that I lack common sense or decency?
    Describe this alleged douchebaggery.

Lay off the ad hominems.

9. JustusNo Gravatar says:

Seven. I’ll leave it at that.

No amount of refuting logical fallacies will save you in the court of public opinion. Good luck at trial. Maybe you’ll reap what you have sown.

10. JustusNo Gravatar says:

Oh, and lest I forget, the implications you made that another man’s wife was sending you naked pictures of herself, and that you were masturbating to them. I think that qualifies as douchebaggery.

11. “the implications”

lol, in a troll group on facebook. But sure, make it out as though it happened during a board meeting or some bs.

PS, it was your wife, so yea, I get it now. Still butthurt. But lets not forget what started all this: your *actual* meddling in my relationship.
    But whatever, keep playin playa

12. JustusNo Gravatar says:

I’m not butthurt. You’re just a bad apple, and a negative reflection on those who want freedom. That’s where it ends. And now you’re going to trial. Schadenfreude is overtaking me, as is the potential irony of the title of this blog post, and the title of the video contained. “N. Carolina refugee finds freedom in New Hampshire” indeed. Good luck raising defense funds from a bunch of non-producers. You’ll need it.

13. “Schadenfreude is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others”.

Yea, I’M the bad apple. I forgot about you long ago, but I see you’ve been carrying the torch. I say it again: butthurt

14. JustusNo Gravatar says:

You’ll be butthurt soon enough, in a more literal sense.

15. So if any of you readers arent butthurt like “JustUs” and would like to help keep my butt out of danger (lol, not really. Its NH.) you can contribute to my legal defense (and learn more about the case) at http://sovereigncurtis.cdevolution.org/

16. JustusNo Gravatar says:

You’re already 7% of the way there, and almost a month to go! Wait, didn’t this get started months ago? Hmm… your FRNs might be better spent on a 5-year supply of Astroglide. In all seriousness, do you have an address so I can Amazon you some? I have 50 bucks with your name on it.

17. I can feel your butthurt from here.

18. JustusNo Gravatar says:

Get used to the feeling, haha. One day you’ll look back and think, “Damn, I really should have taken that guy up on the anal lube offer.”

This back and forth is really amusing me.

19. I can tell you’ve been waiting for it

20. MicheleNo Gravatar says:

I don’t really understand the continued rudeness about things that have nothing to do with liberty. Curtis has grand ideas but is very young in terms of experience. He’s a good salesman but that too gets him in trouble. Regarding the civ dis, time will tell if this was very effective. That said, to celebrate anyone getting fucked in the ass when it’s not their wish to do so is to condone and support violence and there is nothing very liberty-loving about that.
    Moving when you cannot afford to is a disaster for the mover and all those who end up carrying the burden so until you can afford it…visit.

21. Freeborn BobNo Gravatar says:

I don’t know if this aspect of the decision making process has effected others choices to participate in the Free State experiment but I for one think the idea of centralization is a bad one; in every conceivable way. If the plan worked and dominance of the local society resulted in a libertarian/anarchic community thus surrounded by a totalitarian fascist/socialist State, it would be too attractive a target to either attack and destroy or wall-off and isolate and destroy. My survival instincts lead me to believe that “physical” dispersion and isolation is a better way to exist in the midst of a hostile majority.

I often think the same thing, but then I think of examples and ways in which that is not the case. Look at Switzerland. They have always been a bastion of relative freedom compared to their totalitarian neighbors. They were strong because they were free and the strength meant too much risk for too little gained for hostile neighbors.

Furthermore, for anarchists, since we’re not really hung up on state secession, there would be no formal landmass or head of state to attack and achieve victory over. It would be more like a powerful and pervasive underground that is there, but less noticeable than an independent state.

• JustusNo Gravatar says:

Switzerland also has compulsory service for their military. They pay a price for their freedom. A price that I, personally, would be willing to pay.

I’m with Pericles on this one – anarchism works in theory, but we have to live in the world in which we exist.

There are plenty of anti-freedom aspects to Switzerland. I was merely comparing it to its neighbors.

22. I. M. PericlesNo Gravatar says:

Two people come up to you and state that they voted a “contribution” from you and to hand them your wallet…What do you do? A man would kill at least one of them but what if the 6 billion retards vote to take your wallet or more specific vote for a animal psychopath like Barack Obama with his vast army of armed taxtaker monkey-parasites, including the mass broadcast media and government schools, to do it for them? The idea of a civil society is always in theory and never in practice. You have to find a way to prosper and be happy within their violent world just like Jesus, Socrates, Galileo, Copernicus, Spooner, Rand…

23. JustusNo Gravatar says:

I’m still with Pericles on this one.